How long for a guy to decide if you are the one?

I have been dating this guy for a couple of months. When it started we just wanted casual dating, but we have developed deep feeling for one another. We have very open, honest line of communication. He said the other evening he didn't think I was the one,' right now, today, I don't think you are the one.' Then later that evening, he told me how special I was to him and how he feels such comfort when he is with me. Granted, a couple of months isn't that long, but we has done so many fun things together. We have even been on a cruise together. If thing continue to be fun and exciting, will he eventually think I am it? Or should I just accept the fact and move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• My BF knew right away... when we first met in college... it's funny though... because when we first met a mutual friend of ours set me up with another guy... and my now BF told me maybe "he's the one"... and he had the saddest look in his eye... and from that point on he tried to get closer to me through my friend until I'd finally go out with him... he was talking marriage within two months of us going out.

It took me a bit longer to know he was the one... maybe 6 months or so

I think a guy knows right away if it's the right girl... but I could be wrong... maybe he just needs more time cause everyone is different.

What Guys Said 2

• how the hell is he supposed to know? I mean he can judge by his own standards/expectations but it is possible he can fall for you in the end lol.

• i thought my ex was the one... she thought i was the one as well... then she told a guy he can have a blow job from her anytime... you can guess how long that relationship has lasted any longer.

I would give it time... couple months isn't that long to determine that... don't worry about it! Just have fun! :D

Hope this helps! :D

What Girls Said 2

• Just because he says you aren't the one right now doesn't mean you won't ever be the one. Guys are totally different from girls, they go through relationships in stages and it takes them a lot longer to process what is actually going on than us females. If you have been intimate with him already you may feel as though he is the one due to the hormone oxytocin which creates a strong bond with someone that are physical with. However it is only women that produce this during sex there for this may be why you feel more strongly about him.
    I don't think that you should call it quits with him because it seems that you are having a lot of fun and he seems to be serious about you, guys don't just spend weeks on cruises with girls they have no feelings for! I say you keep going with it, enjoy your relationship as long as it lasts because you may end up being the one for him, although that is not something I think you should rush into and a few months is nothing in the large scale of things!

• dont ask a guy after a couple of months if he thinks you are "the one."
    That could take months