Would she come back or am I a shallow bastard?

Okay, here's the deal: About a year ago, one of my best friends (girl) said that she had a friend who had still been in matric who needed a date for her matric dance. She asked me if I would mind going with her. I love dancing so I said yes.
We started chatting and met a few times before the time, and I can safely say she really liked me, she was always texting me and being all sort of flirty. My only problem was that she was quite a bit fat; I know what you're gonna say, you shouldn't judge by appearances and that's what I did, although I did enjoy hanging out with her and I even kissed her once. after the dance, I told her that I couldn't be in a relationship. She didn't ask why but that was about the end and we didn't speak again, and that was about eight months ago. I think her parents liked me, they were really cool people.

I've been single for almost four years and that's killing me, frankly. I still have her on Facebook and every now and then I check out her profile and our old messages etc. Tonight I messaged her and asked if she wanted to go on a date. She replied that she was speechless. I haven't replied yet.

Would she like come back to me, am I even right in trying this, or am I just shallow and a disgrace to men who just wants a girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont think what you did was wrong unless you led her on while knowing you weren't planning on pursuing much more. If I were in her shoes, I would want you to be honest with me (while keeping my feelings in mind) and apologize for waiting so long to pursue something. Say something like "Listen, I know its been a while and you deserve more of an explanation, but I've been thinking a lot and I really want to take you out" I wouldn't mention anything about why you waited 8 months unless she directly asks you. Good luck :)

What Girls Said 2

• It may feel shallow to not like someone cause of there looks. But it's often the way it is. And it's also something that is prevalent when you're younger, so don't feel bad about it!
    It is important to be attracted to your partner

With that in mind she may say yes but you need to be more careful this time. If you still aren't attracted to her, then you shouldn't go on a date with her cause it'll likely end the same way it is before and tht just isn't fair on her

If you think you can look past it Nock yourself out

• I don't see how you're such a bad person, physical attraction is a huge part of being in a relationship. Unless something else went down between you two, I don't see why you couldn't get a date with her.

What Guys Said 0