What kind of relationship usually lasts the longest?

Does a relationship usually last longer when two people have been friends for a couple of years and then finally start to date? Or does a relationship last longer when two people know each other for a couple months?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it lasts longer if you have been friends before you begin to date. I know a girl who was friends with this guy for a year before they dated and he stuck with her through thick and thin and was always there for her even when times got extremely tough. Also she wasn't beautiful or smart or even a good person and they argued a lot.

What Girls Said 4

• My parents were friends for a few months before they got together, in a relationship for 8 years before they got married. Their marriage lasted until her death. My grandparents on the other hand were friends since childhood, they had known each other for 17 years before they married each other. They divorced after 30 years of marriage. This goes to show it ends up both ways. It just depends on the person.

• When nobody knows about their businesses

• The ones that you take the time to get to know each other. You do t move to fast and push the other one around. This consists of trust, honesty, loyalty, truth etc. it also relies on if you care about the relationship

• The one where there's love, compromise, respect, and friendship

What Guys Said 3

• There are 2 pros of each I feel:
    Just having met each other and dating it'd be more interesting initially because you'd get to find out stuff as you go along.
    Dating a friend you know them and all their likes and dislikes.

From experience I've had 2 girlfriends.
    Ex which I knew for a few years (not really close but we talked occasionally). Broke up 6 months later. She lost feelings 3 months in but her mom apparently loved me a lot so she wouldn't allow her to break up with me (I broke up with her after hearing that).

Current girlfriend and I knew one another for a month and we liked each other so much we just had to date. 8 Months going strong.

So there you go. Of course both CAN be just as successful or terrible, it's just a matter of who.

• Not at all dude. You know what lasts the longest? Is when you have 0 secrets and do not have to change who you are or force a connection. When you genuinely love some one.

• People that have the ability to compromise and settle disputes in their relationship amicably often outlast others.