How do you feel about girls asking guys out?

In my life I've only had two girlfriends, one an ex and the other my current, both of which asked me out. Being the insecure wreck I was in my teen years I always wished girls would ask me out because I was too afraid to, so I guess you could say I feel pretty lucky that it happened twice. However, I imagine that many guys would feel emasculated or ashamed if this happened and that many girls generally don't do this because it's not "normal".

What are your thoughts?

• It should happen more
  • Men should be the ones who initiate

Most Helpful Guy

• If girls don't want to ask guys out, then that's their thing. What needs to stop is the "I refuse to ask guys out" mentality combined with the "Why do men only go for bitches/sluts/plastics" crap. Either make an effort to get what you want, or be quiet and wait patiently. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

What Girls Said 4

• This is a tricky question. I think that men should be the ones to initiate asking a girl out because it shows the girls just how interested in them they are. When girls ask a guy out we always seem needy and clingy and desperate. I've talked with my family about asking guys out because I've tried it before (got rejected) and my family always thinks of it as wrong and like it's desperate.

• I suppose it's just a double standard in this case. If a guy wants a girl he can go get her and not seem desperate but if a girl wants a guy she has to stay silent and hope for the best.

• It's ironic because some guys out there feel like they're being clingy and desperate for showing interest in the girl. I mean, one could flip the scripts and say "I think that women should be the ones to initiate asking a guy out because it shows the guys just how interested in them they are."

• Yes, I guess the could, but what has been the social norm for centuries?

• Well, i guess it really depends on the type of girl you have. If she knows that you're a shy guy, but also knows that you like her than she would most likely ask you out. But i think if she knew that the guy wasn't introverted, than i dont think their should be any reason that the girls ask the guy out. then again its just my opinion, I'm way to introverted and oblivious to realize certain things,.

• Men should be the askers ALWAYS. If a man doesn't like me enough to pursue me and ask me out, then he doesn't like me enough to date me. Period. End of story.

• I don't mind the idea approaching, though I don't approach much because some guys I know have said it turns them off. I'd hate to ruin a chance because of that.

Also, if guess that 9 of 10 guys would use a girl's approach to lead her on for sex if she shows she's too attracted to him.

• I'm the 1 out of 10 then LOL. My ex was known for loving sex and whatnot but I gave the benefit of the doubt and hoped she wasn't more or less a slut. Turns out she wanted a VERY physical relationship and I refused which caused many guys to be very confused because like you said they would expect/want sex.

• Most girls do want sex, but hope it's not ONLY sex. But even nice guys I know will act a little more interested to try to get done action.

What Guys Said 4

• Women should ask guys out more. Either they are successful or they are rejected. Welcome to our world!

• For God's sake yes! This needs to happen more! If he turns you down then he does, no big deal, at least now you know

• wow lucky you man!

• Women not worth having expect to be pursued. Other women know that they have put in their worth of the pursuit as well as the man does. I've never been asked out by a woman. Women need to approach more.