If you have a crush on a girl or guy, why date or be in a relationship with someone?

If you have a crush on a girl or guy, why date or be in a relationship with someone? I don't get how a guy can like a girl for months or years and do nothing
Makes me think you don't really like them

Most Helpful Guy

• That means the guy likes the girl so much that he is scared of being rejected, so he keeps all his emotional bottled up and suffers emotional pain. Its a well know fact that when a guy develops feelings for the girl first, he is almost certain to be rejected or friendzoned if he confesses those feelings to her.

• But he has a gf so obviously he likes the gf. It makes no sense

• He liked her before his gf

• In that case, she probably didn't give any strong signs that she likes him back, so he didn't pursue her further and went for another girl.

What Guys Said 3

• Well i liked a girl and when i did she just rejected me, even when she liked me, she told me i'm to pushy...
    after some months she got a boyfriend, even when she liked me...<---- not sure if she feels something for me now...
    I'm still in love with her and can't do a thing about it, and it hurts like hell.

so, if i never had told her i liked her, we would still be friends at least...
    ... guys do nothing cuz they are afraid of being rejected and losing the girl they like.

• Yeah some of them get into a relationship

• With the girl who they really like

• Because it's a two way street. The other has to like you back & if they have doubts, they move on to someone else. Plus you can like more then 1 person at a time.

• Some people just have this massive fear of rejection and so they don't pursue girls or guys that may reject them, they go for sure fire winners.

What Girls Said 2

• Its the fear of being rejected. Some people feel its better just to admire from a far. and not the the risk of getting hurt.

• I don't understand your question. Are you asking if you have a crush on someone, why would you be in a relationship with someone ELSE?

• Pretty much

• No it makes no sense to go back to a cheater if you like someone else

• Maybe he likes her more? If he liked you more than his gf he would have broken up with his gf for you.