What does a broken heart feel like and do I have one?

Their is no good topic to put this in but anyways I went through a situation with a girl. My friend took her home well they were drunk at a party with my college friends and he knowing I liked her had sex with her last month at his house. They are oficially dating as of yesterday. So right now I feel a deep hollow pain in my chest and I couldn't sleep last night. I've been in relationships before and been shot down but this hurts more than anything else I've been through. So is my head broken?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like you have a broken heart, yes. That's usually what you feel when someone you really like/love doesn't like/love you back.

• This sucks I'm never gonna fall for someone that bad again cause right now all I want to to is sleep the pain away but instead I had to see them at work and it was tearing me apart.

• Girls often pick up on stuff like this very easily, yes. It's all about body language in general, and not only the look in your eyes.

• They broke up officially but still I can't make a move now their is still pain their and no trust left.

What Girls Said 3

• If you don't know if you have a broken heart then your heart is not broken

• I've never felt this type of pain before its like a knife in my chest and I just can't stand the thought of having to see them later today at work.

• It's upto you to know if your heart is broken but I've been in that exact situation and I was heartbroken. Like someone had stabbed me in the heart. I didn't get over it for a long time.

• Yeah I have to see them everyday cause I work with them lol its not gonna be easy.

• Sounds like you have a bit of heartache, yes. You will get through it just give it time. Eventually the pain will go away.

• Worst thing is I work with them so I can't avoid them.

What Guys Said 1

• Well, unless he liked her too, and it wasn't just a sex thing, he's a pretty terrible friend!!

• I know I'm not friends with him anymore either way.

• Good. I don't know about a broken heart, but I can tell it really hurt you. Kinda sorta went through this before, except I never made a move.

• See I was planning on making a move in the next few days. He did it to get me angry which worked but I didn't know he kept talking to her after and out of nowhere they told me. I wanted to punch him right there.