Would you start a relationship with some1 if you were just about to go off to separate colleges 3 hours away, yet at home you live right down the st?

There's a girl I'm interested in that goes to the same church as me at home and I'm getting to know her throughout this summer and shows interest in me as well.

At home we live right down the street from each other, but in college we live 3 hours away from each other. We also have many mutual friends.

I know distance relationship happen, but under what circumstances.

• yes
  • no
  • results
    Vote C

Most Helpful Girl

• If the connection is there and it's meant to be, of course it can work out. Three hours really isn't that far (if we're talking about driving). If you keep in close contact and you see each other whenever possible, the relationship will only continue to grow. It may be difficult at times, and both of you will need to be willing to sacrifice potential college relationships, but in the end it may be worth it. You both need to have a talk and discuss ground rules and whether or not you really want to pursue it or if you want to hold off on it and try it when the circumstances are better (this obviously comes with other risks such as one of you falling for someone else). I would see how the summer plays out before committing to a long distance relationship... but yes it can work out.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 2

• would you both ever get to see each other in person? if you both come home on the weekends or something, then i could see it working. how do you each feel with texting? if you both are open to texting a lot, a relationship could work, as long as you did meet in person every once in a while.

a lot of communication and trust is key in long distance relationships.

• I could possibly visit her maybe once a month and yeah im up for txting and skyping

• Well you are skyping and texting so you are already having a good communication :) just be close as i said :p

• then i can see it working. it'll be tough, but if its worth it to you, go for it.

• It's not going to work out so I wouldn't start it

What Guys Said 1

• well Distance relationship happen's for sure but in your case i think you know each other very well as you both have mutual friend's and both of you lives in a same street.
    so, what's the problem? you can be close friend just go on talking with her about her like's and dislikes and as you come close to each other, soon see will start liking you.

• thanks I hope thats what happens

• yeah just have patience and trust the two thing's required in every "Relationship". good luck :)