If you ask a girl out and they decline because they're busy, does this mean they're not interested?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes sometimes I say I'm busy but it could be that she is busy!
    You have to look at other signs to see if she's playing along and showing interest.

What Girls Said 7

• It depends... I think if she really didn't want to see you she would have a better reason than "I'm busy" (which by the way can be very easily rebutted). Ask her if or when she's available and if it's excuse after excuse then she's probably not interested (or she's gay).

• Not necessarily. If you ask her out a few times and she's always busy AND doesn't suggest a day/time that would work for her, she's likely not interested.

• They could actually be busy, so just try again another time. If they make an excuse again they probably aren't interested so just move on.

• Not neccesarly. Ask her for a time when she has nothing scheduled, and if she makes an excuse then no she is not interested. But for example if she gives you her number and tells you to text her about another day, then yes she is interested or just being very very friendly but most likely interested.

• Not necessarily. She could be busy and just don't have the time at the moment. But if she is really interested in you , she will try to offer an alternative date when she is not so busy..

• not really, she might genuinely be busy.. but if she keeps it up something isn't right

• It could mean they are not interested depending on the circumstances. I have been in a similar situation before and at first I just wasn't ready to meet up with the guy yet because I had just come out of a relationship and I wasn't comfortable hanging out with males that I wasn't familiar with at the time. I had explained this to him and he was all good with it but then again I don't come across many people who are as straight up as I am so she could just be trying to play the easy way out and let you off easy.

What Guys Said 5

• its 50/50. but if they say busy and don't reschedule or w/e then its def because they're not interested.

• Yes it means they are not interested. It is the classic and most obvious "Im not interested" easy let down. Think about it, if she liked you, even if she was as busy as the president ruining this country, she would find time to go out with you or make time.

• If she was busy give her 1 more chance to make plans, if it fails a second time she is not into you or is just playing games.

• Did she offer an alternative date?

• She's uninterested, unless she offers an alternative day that you can get together. If you were genuinely busy but you liked a girl who asked you out, you would offer an alternative, right?