How do I go about finding a boyfriend?

So i'm 18 and recently graduated high school. I was the introverted type and i guess i still am. I had few relationships during high school but eventually decided i was not ready to date yet. Now I am but i'm not entirely sure how i would go about this. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• You drop hints implying you are interested in the men who try and chat you up.
    If no men approach you try giving them encouragement to, like smiling at or making eye contact with men you find attractive.
    If you still get no men hitting on you, try hitting on them.

Alternatively create a profile on an online dating site. Even hugely obese women get more messages than average looking men so you'll have no trouble.

What Guys Said 2

• My advice would be to not "try to find a boyfriend," but rather try to find someone you like spending time with and will get to know, which can possibly develop into a relationship. You're young, be a little more laid back about this and put things into perspective... If you go out and your goal is to find a boyfriend, not to get to know someone first before you're their girlfriend, you might end up with someone you realize you don't want to be with.

If you want to start the process of meeting people, sign up for a PAID dating website (cuts down on the people that are just plain wacko and looking for hookups), since you've said you're kinda shy. Pretty common these days, at least in people in their mid 20s and up. But, it's a pretty easy way to meet people you might want to date, and you can get somewhat of a sense about them before you even meet so you can be selective.

Best-

• I once tried to approach an introverted girl, being an extrovert myself and let's just say it didn't go to well.. lol. It's really hard to start a relationship with someone if you're not into going out or being social.

What Girls Said 1

• go out with friends or go alone and mingle. you can meet people anywhere nowadays. not always the bars or clubs. unless your into that but you can always try going to quiet places too. there are boys everywhere lol even at the mall :] or your workplace.