So ladies... does a guy's vehicle matter?

I was reading one of those "What his car says about him" articles in a lady's magazine the other day (I was at the dentist, don't judge), and it got me wondering if the average woman actually views a guy a certain way based on what he drives? I just mean in general, such as a compact car, sports car, truck, SUV, etc. I'm not talking value or brand name here.

So, do you even care about a guy's car in the first place?

If so, do you automatically make assumptions based on said vehicle?

Do you find that guys who drive certain cars generally share similar mentalities?

Do you ever find yourself more/less attracted to someone because of what he drives?

If it does matter, do you have a preference for a guy driving a certain type of car?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it matters to an extent. If a man is my age and is driving a rusted out piece of metal-then that usually says he does not have his life nor financial life in order. Which is a huge red warning flag to any women that is looking to date or marry that man. Doesn't mean we want his money, means we want someone mature and who can handle their business.

What Girls Said 10

• For me yes I like cars so what car a guys drives well I care and it does say a lot about the person... i mean a sports car vs Prius.. someone likes to drive fast vs someone who cares about the environment or what ever. and yeah i think guys who drive cars to share similar mentalities.. Um I'm such a car person so if her drives a hot car im probably going to be more attracted to him.. And preferences i don't really care in general as long as he actually has a car, but id prefer a nice car over a shitty car. Something newer..

• The only thing that could make me judge a dude for his car is if it costs way too much money, and he can't afford it. That screams irresponsible and materialistic. Other than that, I have my own car, so I don't care. That being said I don't want to play chauffeur for an extended period of time.

• Tbh I don't care what car a guy drives.. but obviously the better the car the more I look at him while he's driving it lmao but in terms of dating no I don't care. I don't really make assumptions based on what car they drive based on who they are as a person... I think guys are more likely to do that with eachother. No I don't look at a guy who drives a truck and say "oh wow that means they're rough around the edges and my type of guy". (if you know what i'm saying) But to be fair I do find guys who drive nice cars and make a nice income to be attractive from a far... now if they were to approach me with a rude cocky behavior because of that than no. My preference in guys still remains the same regardless of what car they drive. Although it is more attractive if a guy owns a car but I know that not everyone can afford one so it's not a dealbreaker

• I do think a vehicle says something about the person meaning what career they may have, financial stability, taste etc.

I prefer the guy to have a nice vehicle for those reasons.

• As long as it's safe and in good condition, it doesn't matter to me.

• nope. doesn't matter.

• If she's shallow she will care more about your car than you

• It shouldn't matter as long as you like the person

• Why should the car define everything? no the car DOES NOT matter

• It doesn't matter that much. But it it a big bonus if he has a convertible sports car or a Jaguar.

• I do have to add that no matter what car he has, he has to keep it in good condition. You know spend some time giving it some tlc

What Guys Said 3

• I'd imagine from what girls tell me no. But I have seen dating profiles outright stating that they will not respond to a guy who doesn't have a good one. I'd just consider them a gold digger if that's the case.

• Yes. Its a symbol of status and wealth. I can't believe you even feel the need to ask this lol.

• Thank you, I think people lie to themselves that it doesn't matter. I have a nice car so why wouldn't I want to be with someone that didn't.

• The thing you are missing is that if it matters to SOME women then it matters to your overall appeal to women.

I don't think any women would refuse to date you because you car was too good, however SOME women would refuse to date you if your car wasn't good enough.

• I don't think I missed anything, nor am I trying to argue with you in any way whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I agree with your opinion.

• If the guy appeals to women in other aspects, then yes, him having possession of a nice car is a big bonus.