Would you be mad or want to know?

i was diagnosed with leukemia wen i was 22. i just turned31 . im in remission and hopefully live another 40yrs. the problem is when i finally get the nerve to tell the girl im seeing. they dont want to stay with me. basically say yhe same thing. worried about what will happen. this has made me not to want to get serious with anyone and makes me feel like a reject or something. its not something you can catch! i dont want to get close to anyone anymore. would i be better off not telling or would that be worse when you found out. i know i can't hude it firever

Most Helpful Girl

• i wouldn't mind at all.. to me, its stupid that they wouldn't want to stay with you after finding that out. i mean, its scary to think about if something serious/fatal may happen unexpectedly but it doesn't change you and thats a situation where you would want to have support and should support whoever it is that is diagnosed. its been 9 years since you were diagnosed so it seems like you're on a good track! which is great :) But anyway, id rather know. that way, i could support you and we would work through it together

• thanka. makes mefeel hope there's someone out there that understands

• yes of course! :) Anyone who wouldn't understand and try to help in any way is pretty shallow

What Girls Said 7

• First, learn to be strong by overcoming the feeling of rejection everytime you admit to them about your diagnosis.. Not all people we encounter in our life will gonna accept us for who we are.. Only the ones who truly loves us will stay..
    Be tough and be true from the very beginning and tell her about it, if it doesn't bother her and is still interested on you, then you will know that she accept you for who you are and she's the one.. If she will leave, then don't see it as something negative even if its hard, see it as something like "good thing I see her color from the very start than keeping her and will just leave me at the end"..
    And also, if you keep it for yourself longer without telling, you might not feel at peace because you're hiding something..

• Oh wow ! If you see she really cares about you then yes tell her, but then again it depends how long you guys have been dating

• I think you should tell her, if she really likes you she won't be scared away and don't feel like a reject! I wish you the best! (:

• thanks. im sure there's one that will accept it

• I personally wouldn't find that as a turn off or anything and not be interested in you like that anymore.
    And I think you really should have to tell them if you want to get serious with someone. And if they don't accept you, then they are definitely not the right person for you.

• yea i know its not right not to say anything. thank you

• I think when your dating someone, they shouldn't have to know until you want them too. I think you should tell them eventually, because otherwise it like hiding a big secret. And if they can't accept that, she isn't the one for you. Your girl is out there somewhere.

• thats what i thought but i think thats why i fail

• stay strong handsome (:

• I would want to know. I don't see how people could be so mean as to leave you because of that. I am sorry to hear that you have it though. My family has recently lost a young boy to the cancer.

• im sorry to hear:/ i know its a burden

What Guys Said 2

• I'd tell them once you are comfortable enough, I'm dying of congestive heart failure and I told my gf when she asked me if there was anothing lurking in the closet. She did get pretty pissed at me when I changed doctors though lol, I figure why wait around under one doctor's care when another is willing to operate

• im sorry to hear man. yea gotta do whats right for you! i guess we can be burdens

• Thank you sir, I'm sorry to hear about you too. It's not that we can be a burden, more like some people are sketchy enough they won't stick around even on a friendship level.

Be happy and live life to the max, it's short and flies by but I think you and I understand that a little too well.

Best of luck to you

• Well you should be looking for a different type of woman. Also I would refrain from telling them for as long as possible. Wait until she is comfortable with you. If you find even a halfway decent girl she should stay once she knows.

• yea im not sure how to do it

• thanks. yo too bro

• I'm trying thanks