If you and your boyfriend were driving around in YOUR car and you had to refill gas, would you expect him to pay for the gas?

If you and your boyfriend were driving around in YOUR car and you had to refill gas, would you expect him to pay for the gas

• Yes he should pay for my gas if he is in my car
  • No he shouldn't pay for my gas if he is in my car

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't pay for his gas when I'm in his car so why would he pay for mine? I'd be beyond grateful if he would foot the bill one time (costs me $100+ to fill up) but I never expect it.

What Girls Said 15

• It depends on the type of guy he is. If he's giving then he would automatically offer but if he's more of an equal person then the girl would more likely pay for her own gas.

• I never make my boyfriend pay for my gas. He's offered a few times but I don't let him, which has led to $20 bills sitting in my room.

• No it's my car, I would only expect him to do that if he had borrowed it earlier. If he wanted to id appreciate it though.

• It would depend entirely on what we were doing, as rule, no he wouldn't need to pay for petrol. If we were going on a planned trip we'd go halves. If he was borrowing my car as a runabout then yes, he would need to pay for the fuel he used... Likewise if I borrowed his car for any amount time, I'd pay for the fuel I was using.. Rather then returning it empty.

• When we drive my car, I'll pay for the gas. When it's his car, he pays

• I don't expect him to, but I'll be very thankful and appreciative to him if he offered to pay half of it.

• If he borrowed the car for the day, it would be appreciated, but generally, my car I pay for the gas. :) Same goes for his car, if I use it, I'll fill the tank, if we're in it together I might offer to chip in but it's his responsibility.

• No! It's my car and if he wasn't in I would have to refill anyway. Except if it's a road trip then I would expect for us to split costs and would do the same if I was in his car.

• It's expected but not mandatory.

• If you were driving with him in his car would you pay for his gas?

• Does that apply to everything? Like if your boyfriend went to the mall with you and you wanted to buy clothes, would you expect him to pay for your clothes?

• No. It applies for stuff like food and gas when we go out. If I asked him to go somewhere with me id pay for him to go but he'd still pay for has or food after. Unless the place I wanted to go is a restaurant the. I'd pay for the food.

• I'd be nice for him to offer to pitch in, but I never expect men to pay.

• No way thats ridiculous

• Not at all.

• Nah, it's my car. But if he offered to fill up the tank, I'd say yes.

• 100% he should pay, and fill the tank!!!

• Why? So that you can save money at his expense?

• Not at all, I like it old school. A man should be a gentlemen and look after his woman, and a woman should after her man. There is a clear line between each of their responsibilities.

• If the woman is contributing a lot to the relationship and making effort to look after me, I wouldn't mind paying for her gas, but I feel like a lot of women don't really do that so that is why I never offer to pay for her gas

What Guys Said 4

• I'd offer once as a gesture of my love, but not everytime. Marry me and then I'll pay for all your stuff.

• If she expects me to fill her gas tank, then we won't be going anywhere in her car. we'd just go everywhere in my car and ill fill up my own damn tank.

• I would at least offer, but when I have she refuses. She wants to have the feeling of self-sufficiency, I think. And I respect that.

• well, I would offer, but over here gas is hella cheap, a bit more expensive than water... so it doesn't matter that much