When do you "define the relationship"?

When do you think the 'defining the relationship' talk should come up? I know that each situation is different (ie. two couples could both be together for 4 months, but one couple sees each other 4x a week vs. the other couple only sees each other 1x per week). Can a couple say they are 'in a relationship' when they are going out for a couple of months, but see each once 1x per week?

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont think it needs to be a big deal.

When I felt ready I just told my SO "I'm not seeing anyone else. Just checking we're on the same page." He said yep and that was it.

What Guys Said 2

• I think whenever you both feel ready and comfortable that's when you should do it.

• Whenever it is, it will be too soon for the guy. and well into panic-time for the girl.

What Girls Said 1

• I've heard of guys asking the girl to be their girlfriend but I sometimes just assume you're in a relationship when you become exclusive. So have the I want to be exclusive talk.