Will I have to break up with my girlfriend since I'm old?

Now I love her to death. We have been through a lot together. We have been together for 2 years now. She's been to all my football games, wrestling matches, and track meets. She comes with me to my photoshoots. And she supports me 100% on becoming a fire fighter after college. The problem is, I'm older than her, not by much, but since we are both younger it appeears a lot more than it actually is. She is 16 and I am 19.
Im attending a local community college for the next two years and when I transfer we were planning on transfering to a school together. The problem presented is completely about age, I'm not sure how long I can continue being with her without that coming up and being an issue since her mom doesn't like me. Now her mom is okay with us dating, but she doesn't like ME because I'm half black and white. (She doens't beleive in mixing races) She'd prefer that her daughter date a man who is fully Chinese. I am affraid that one day she'll snap or get upset and call the police or something and I'll be toast. If I was to be charged with a misdemeanor or w/e, I'd be kicked off my college team and I would have a hard time getting a job as a fire fighter, which is scary.
(Also I can't really talk to her mom since she ONLY speaks chinese...)
What do you guys thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I am not much of an advocate of age differences being an issue if both parties are comfortable with the arrangement (and not just for the sexual side of it). However in your case the longer the two of you stay together the less of an issue it becomes with those busybody's who stick their noses where they don't belong. In two years she will be 18 and you 21 which is a very common combination of age difference for couples.
    Hopefully your gf will not let her mother influence her decision to be with you.

What Girls Said 4

• If you really want to be with her age shouldn't matter. The age difference hasn't changed from the past two years and you have made it work.
    If you want to break up with her and you are using she as an excuse to do so, you should just admit that to yourself and end it.

• Just go with the flow

• The age difference is not too much. I'd continue dating. Just be respectful of her family and if you haven't already, wait to consumate the relationship. You can't get in trouble for just dating a minor.

• Yeah you should wait until she's older. that's too big of an age difference

What Guys Said 2

• Use your reason, first of all I see absolutely nothing wrong in the age difference, its perfectly fine.
    Second, screw her mom and what she thinks, just always be respectful to her and her opinions, if this girls really loves you and you to her then the mom won't be trouble.
    Even if the mom becomes a major pain in the ass, just be cool, never ever let that she gets on you, always respectful and then maybe even your girl will defend you from her.
    I think you are over thinking and just being pessimistic, enjoy the ride, let your relationship follow its natural course, stick to your plans but donĀ“t get too attached to them, leave space for changes.
    There's no problemo.

• 3 years is nothing pshh:p you're fine you don't need to break her heart right now buddy. and just try to grow onto her family gradually over time. it will take time and that's it. but yeah just keep it to dating if you two really like each other that much. since it started in high school its okay if you stay within limits. I guess:p