How soon after a long term relationship should you wait to date?

How soon after a long term relationship should you wait to date? If you meet a guy and still have feelings for your ex would that guy be considered a rebound? On average, how many of you waited to date and how long?

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends on the person but I don't think anyone can really get over a good relationship. We all have feeling for people we were really in love with even long after the relationship has ended. But when a relationship has ended some people dwell on it, and they stay there at the end for a time (some longer than other). And a "rebound" is just you moving on from the end to the ability to have a new beginning. Even if the one you "rebound" with is someone you have no future with it still is a good way to get back out there.

All that being said, it is only considered a rebound if you still are stuck at the end of a relationship. If you have moved on (you can move on but still have feelings for your ex) then its just another date.

And moving on just means you have accepted that its over and are willing to try to start something new.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it very depends on the person. The time it happened to me the last time I just listen to myself and did what made me feel better, obviously it was dating with a new girl. I still had feelings for the my ex but the new exciting feelings for someone new helped me to clear my mind.

• till the memory of them feels like a dream you had long ago

What Girls Said 1

• I feel its depends on the person. Like how long did you date the person and if you are totally over the person.