What's your thoughts on overweight people who only want to date fit people?

Tell me your opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think their standards are to high and they need a reality check

• thanks for MH, don't know why I got downvoted it's true

• Those are the people who downvoted the opinion I'm guessing

• lol oh ok, yeah I mean Im not saying it to be mean but seriously if you're over weight don't expect to get a fit partner it makes no sense

What Guys Said 11

• I have a penis and only want to date people with a vagina.

We don't have to date clones of ourself.

People need enough good qualities to attract the people who have the qualities they want.

If they don't have them they will stay single. If they do great for them.

Plenty of people who aren't funny want someone funny.

Plenty of people want someone more outgoing.

Plenty of people want someone richer.

Plenty of people want someone better looking.

Plenty of people want someone with more experience.

• As someone who is on the fit side seeing girls message me for dating who are overweight was flattering at first, then annoying. In the US this is extremely common and a double standard obviously. I'll get message by a girl who is overweight and then see her profile ranting about how they don't want to be skinny, and how they want to eat what they want. So it's not even like most of them are on a weight loss journey or anything. I feel like I can say now that I somewhat relate to girls who say they feel like a piece of meat here.

I honestly just feel that the guys who do date them want easy sex and they feel that they'll take anything they can get.

• If both parties involved are happy with the other, then what's the issue?

• Unrealistic... but that's their choice.

Their complaints of being unwilling to find someone will fall upon deaf ears.

• Uhm, I don't know. I don't like it when people expect things of others that they can't expect of themselves so expecting someone to be fit and healthy when you are not is a bit of double standard.
    However, is it wrong to have high standards? So long as you aren't ridiculously picky I don't think it is.

Bottom line, I don't know as I am in two minds about it.

• They need to join reality and get their lardasses in shape.

• No I am not okay with dating any overweight girl.

Well for other if both of them are ok then why the hell should I bother.

• It's not as crazy as it sounds. People do it every day.

• It's their choice. I mean, unless the person they want to date is into overweight people, I think they're setting their standards pretty hard. After all, it's their choice though, as I said.

• It's the same view with gay people wanting to date each other, beautiful people or ugly people. Who the fuck cares.

What Girls Said 7

• They need to get fit themselves first

• Is not like fat people have to date fat people because their big themselves. Or drawfs have to date drawfs because they're tiny. People have their preferences ans there's nothing wrong with that

• One thing I live by is "If the skies the limit them I am reaching for the stars" why should anyone limit themselves to what everyone else thinks they should. As someone who is over weight in a relationship with a very in shape man I can tell you this much some men actually a lot more then most people realize like bigger women. My life isn't meant to keep everyone else comfortable it is living it to the fullest potential.

• They probably think they are husky or thick and in reality they are not.
    They are most likely looking for an excuse as to why they are single

• It's as dumb as ugly to average 'nice guy's only wanting to date the hot girls and then complaining that hot women are shallow for not liking them when they're being just as shallow by ignoring the average and ugly girls

• Wait are you implying if a guy is nice he's automatically ugly?

• No I'm talking about the 'nice guy's not genuine nice guys. These are the guys that are only nice because because they think it'll get them something they're not genuinely nice. They're the ones that bitch about women being shallow and rejecting them because they want hot guys not their fake selves

• I can't just answer right away. Like it depends on many things. If someone is overweight because of some genetical issue and they simply cannot change it, than I don't see why they shouldn't want a fit person. If they want to date a fit person because of their insecurity, than I dont think theyre ready for a relationship. If theyre dating a fit person because they are in love with whats inside the person rather than the looks, than there's nothing wrong with it.