Was this good advice about women and dating?

My cousin is very successful with women. He will go up to random attractive women, make them laugh and have their number in seconds. I don't know how he does it. He knows I'm not good with them. He gave me some harsh advice about women. He told me this "Here is how you attract women: Stop acting like they're the most important thing in the world and focus on making yourself happy." He ended by saying "If bitches don't have time for you, then you don't have time for bitches!" Good advice or bad advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty much a "don't put a pussy on a pedastal" type of comment. It does work in a lot of ways. Many people keep placing their value in women's hands and with so many women placing a guy's worth in the wrong areas you "never feel good enough." Have the mentality that girls need to measure up to your expectations and you can go far.

What Girls Said 8

• That's horrible advice and disrespectful. He may be good at getting numbers but he will be awful in the relationship department if that's how he refers to and thinks about women. Being honest, straightforward, and communicating with a woman is the best way to go. Because you think so deeply about how to approach women I can already tell you'll be a much better dating/romantic partner than someone who says being selfish is the best way to go and not valuing a woman is something to shoot for. Also anyone who calls a woman a bitch isn't mature enough to be dating whatsoever. Women get into relationships with men, not boys who enjoy putting them down verbally to make themselves feel important.

• He doesn't care about getting a girlfriend. He just has random sex with women.

• if you want a girlfriend do the opposite of this and then transition to what OP said.

• ENOUGH!
      Both sides are right.
      Yes, he will probably suck in the long term relationship department.
      Yes, he will get numbers because he is confident and charming enough to do it. He knows how to present himself.

Abbygirl22: the appropriate philosophy for keeping a girl

LeQuack: Appropriate philosophy for approaching a girl.

• I'm going to say good advice, because I would say the exact same thing to my girlfriends about men.

• dont be like your cousin he probably a player be yourself and you will find the right girl trust me girls dont like players and girls hate the saying

Hate the game not the player

• Eh. That is harsh. I say just be yourself. Be confident and smile at her.

I think it starts with eye contact as well. Do you think you're good at reading body language?

• Always put yourself first!!

• Its all about the confidence but if a guy call me a bitch he is getting a drink thrown in his face

• I would never do that. I see guys who use that word and still get women.

• I've faced rejection before. It stung.

• Me too. I would rather have tried than to regret never trying at all

• Lol..

are you black? He is half right about his advice.

• Half right. It is important for a guy to know what he wants and not constantly focus on the woman. However we still need attention and like to know that we are appreciated.
    His advice would work if all you want are one night stands and nothing more.

• I want a girlfriend. I find caucasian women very attractive.

• I was talking about the part where he called all women bitches.

• Isn't that common sense? haha

What Guys Said 7

• I would have never phrased it like he did, but there is a little truth to what I think he's saying. I am not a shy person, and I learned a log time ago not to be or act shy or intimidated by women, I have also learned not to come across as over confident. My experiences have been the harder you try to get a woman the more she will resist your advances, I think it's one of the laws of the universe or something. Just act like a normal person and treat her like a normal person, you'll be surprised how easy it becomes to be able to talk to girls. I know they are pretty and smell good and all that but they are just like you, maybe shy, maybe not, they want to be noticed, they want to have fun. Jump in and start swimming.

• Extremely good advice for getting women.

As for keeping them?

Appreciate what they do when it is worth appreciating, fully.

When you Give them your time give your full attention and fully engage. And when you're not? Focus in what you need to.

• Good advice. Don't listen to what the women are saying. Listen to the guys. Your cousin knows his stuff. Just don't call them bitches. They hate that.

Basically, what he's telling you is that you are the most important person in your life, so don't go sacrificing your well-being for a girl until she proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that she is worth it. Don't put them on a pedestal because most of them ain't all that great to begin with.

• That's the best advice I've personally ever heard. Because the number 1 in your life always starts with you.

• That's pretty much the mindset behind it. You have to think of what it means, and the reason for thinking like that is it stops you from acting needy and supplicating.

• That advice is pretty solid.

• The "focus on making yourself happy" is a good way of putting the need for confidence. I wouldn't use the word bitches, but that is also good way of putting "If she treats you like this, then she isn't worth pursuing".

• I would never call a girl a bitch. He does and still gets women.

• These are women I am way too nervous to talk to. Yet he gets their number in seconds. I just look like wtf?

• Nothing is going to change unless you stop feeling nervous.