Mixed Signals after a few dates. Trying to make sense of it. Does she want to see me again or no?

So I've gone on a few dates with this girl now. Things went well for the most part. Good conversations, we connected; a few semi awkward silences but nothing bad.

After our last date a couple days later I texted her propositioning her for another date. She said she would love to but the day I asked about she had to work 12 hours and wouldn't want to do anything but go to bed. Valid reason, but she never offered up another day that might work better for her so I just said "maybe some other time." I gave it a few days and I believe asked again (honestly can't remember if I asked twice or 3 times since it was weeks ago). I'm sure she was somehow busy again but I don't recall the reason or anything. Days later I tell her that the offer is still on the table. She tells me things have been hectic since she's moving/working/etc. and she will have to check her schedule. Ok, so it's in her hands now and by now I think, "I can take a hint," so I just stop trying to contact her.

Fast forward to now (2/3 weeks later) and she texts me telling me she's sorry she hasn't been in contact (had family issues) and she didn’t want me to think she was ignoring me. Hey, good sign I suppose. So I offer up 2 different days to go get ice cream and take her mind off of things. Well she doesn’t text me back until the next night (says she didn’t see my text until now) and says she has (family thing) and (family thing) but appreciates the offer. No alternative day suggested or any hint that she actually wants to see me again.

I originally thought she was trying to let me down easy which is why I stopped contacting her. Then she texts me again, but still doesn't seem incredibly interested in meeting up. I know she's a busy girl but if you want to see someone again you'd think you'd at least offer up another day that works for you?

So that's where I'm at. Mixed signals. Does she want to see me again? If not, what's the motive behind contacting me again?

• No, (leave reason for contacting me in comments?)
  • Yes, she's just a busy girl, keep trying
  • Yes, call her you dumb dumb. She wants you to call

Most Helpful Girl

• Just leave you tried. If she wants to see you again she will make a plan

• But wouldn't her texting me weeks later hint that she does want to see me again?

• Haha, well I was sure that there was some sort of interest still and I was going to give her a call for that one last try. Come to find out she's with someone now... and they made it official on the same day that she texted me after 2 weeks of no communication. Still scratching my head over why she felt the need to text me at all then. I obviously wasn't bugging her or anything where she needed to feel obligated to text me. Don't get it.

Thanks for the reply

• well that must have sucked big time, i feel you

What Girls Said 1

• You could try calling her and asking her when she's free. But she may actually just be completely busy at the moment. I would call her and ask her when she's free.

• Haha, well I was sure that there was some sort of interest still and I was going to give her a call for that one last try. Come to find out she's with someone now... and they made it official on the same day that she texted me after 2 weeks of no communication. Still scratching my head over why she felt the need to text me at all then. I obviously wasn't bugging her or anything where she needed to feel obligated to text me. Just don't get it.

Thanks for the reply

What Guys Said 1

• I am in a similar situation except I am trying to get a first date out of the girl=P The only thing I can imagine doing would be leaving the cards on her table and letting her take the next move. You have given her an alternate date (s) and she is busy.

All I can say, which I am using the same thinking, is if she is that interested in you she will text or call you and make a day when the two of you can get together. Why she texted you after 2-3 weeks I am not sure unless there was some serious family issues she was dealing with.

Good luck and hopefully you get another date with her.

• I know the problem with leaving it up to her is women typically like the guy to take the initiative. I'm thinking she wants to go out again but maybe wants me to be more assertive. Such as actually calling instead of texting lol. Guess I've just grown so accustomed to texting that it doesn't seem like a big deal

• Its hard to say every person is different the only problem I would think of asking her again is she may think you are needy which women don't like in guys. You can just text her and talk about other stuff besides the date and maybe she will hint towards you asking her or she may even give you a date.

In a couple more weeks if she hasn't given you a date I would say she is not interested as she can't but aside an hour or 2 for a date.

Thanks for the reply