How do I get this girl off my mind?

I like this girl, recently she has been all I think about and it's driving me crazy.

It doesn't feel normal or healthy to have her constantly on my mind, so how I do I remove her from my thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Make a move or move on. Life is too short for obsessing about someone without trying

• I have tried and she was dating someone else, so I have backed off completely.

• Yeah of course you can. :D

• Thank you!

What Girls Said 7

• I had the same thing happen when I liked this guy last year. I was literally obsessed with him, and more obsessed in re-living the memories in my head to the last detail and the thought of him, more than I even liked him (I now know). It was very unhealthy because he didn't like me back and everytime I was around him I tried not to stuff up all the time and whenever he flirted with me, I had hope he liked me and we were very touchy flirty some days, then the next, he seemed to ignore me. After half of year of me being obsessed with him, I finally eventually got over him, through liking other people (I still liked him at the same time I couldn't get over him) and now, I have fully gotten over him and the guy I currently like I can be myself around and he likes me back. I am not obsessed with him at all.

I'm sure your situation isn't as severe as mine so I wouldn't be worried, you are just feeling infatuation, not obsession. You have nothing to worry about, love this feeling while it lasts, just don't become obsessed like i did.

• Obsession? That sounds a little scary! Infatuation sounds about right, it's strange for me because I was saying for ages that I just don't feel a styrong attraction to any girl I meet and she comes along out of nowhere and gives me knots in my stomach etc, it's weird how the World works.

• Thanks! You deserve joint Most helpful. :)

• Oh thanks, I really appreciate it :) I'm always here to help

• Knock yourself unconscious :)
    Do you guys talk a lot or do you see her often? If not maybe that's what you need, is to see her. But if you do see her a lot and you're thinking about her a lot... let her know :) I'm sure she'd like that. But try going out with friends that should do it for a few hours

• We don't talk much and I don't see her, maybe a few times a week at most. I do like being around her, she's got the nicest smile, but yeah I'm going out with friends over the weekend and I've started decorating to take my mind off her.

• just go out with your friends

• Go and see her?

• It sounds like you in love. If you want to remove her from your mind maybe try talking to her less

• pick out her faults, thats how I do it

• i think finding the reason she's on your mind would be a start

• Well I do like her, but even then this is just stupid. Usually when I like a girl and I'm not around her, I don't think about her much, but this is the first girl to dominate my thoughts and it's rather concerning.

• Yeah, you did! I asked her out once and she couldn't, but I may ask her again soon, it would be good to get to know her better.

• thanks glad to know i helped out

What Guys Said 1

• Lots and lots of alcohol.

• I was thinking about getting an Xbox One with Forza Motorsport 5 to see if that helps matters.

• It will video games tend to help. If your into rpgs it would be better I got sucked into Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas put in over 100 hours in each game.