Do You believe in Online Relationships? :*)

Do you believe in online relationships? why and why not? I see a lot of questions on here in regards to online relationships. How are they validated and how do they last or become real?

Has anyone had experiences with them? Any stories of success? I'm just curious about the topic - thanks for your insightful answers ^_^

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had an online relationship for about 6 years when I was like 11. Then when I turned 17 along with the girl, she told me that she found a real boyfriend and that it was time to move on. I was disappointed but a part of me wanted to smell the real world too. It was okay experience but online relationships are like fairy tales: it only works best if you're young to really picture the magic and implement your imagination to how your loved one looks like; however, when you get older like 17 or 18+, you'll have to accept that people do move on and crave a genuine relationship with someone who is real. If I could meet her in person; however, I would try to get with her but to be frank, it's just better to have online relationships if you aren't too love savvy. If you really want to give random people a chance, blind dates are really interesting. I had one for my formal and it went surprisingly well.

What Guys Said 4

• I've met girls online. All but one did not last past a month of interaction.

The one that did last nearly three years, and ended sadly. I wasn't mad, but just disappointed in the end.

I would have married her if we stuck together.

With that said, in my experience, I have had similiar experiences with online dating as I have with people I met using traditional methods.

It can be a worthwhile experience, just know that you may have to go through a lot of short relationships before you'll find a lasting one.

• No, because odds are it won't last, and I think true love is when you meet them at school, work etc.

• Umm no not if they are strictly online based relationships. I have met girls online, but didn't think of them being real until we met in person and took it from there. I do believe meeting online does work for the better in some cases because people are able to judge one another not so much based on their physical but their intellectual demeanor.

• Almost. I screwed it up, though.

What Girls Said 4

• It doesn't work. People are different on the internet then they are in person. When you meet your online boyfriend or girlfriend and realise that some of the things you liked aren't there anymore, or new things that bother you show up, or anything really then it stops.

Not to say that it can't work, cause it can and it has its good points I just don't think online relationships are the smartest thing to do.

• Online relationships..eh not really my thing

My friend had one and it didn't work out so well, he had a real girlfriend, and everything he did was all just a lie. so that's one of my reasons.. and I also can't stand the distance

• It's hard to say. I was in one for over three years and we were so in love until about six months ago. School, work, and every day life started to get in the way of our relationship. It ended very rough. We still talk on occasion and though I still have strong feelings for him, it would be hard to get back together. Some things would have to change. We'd have to make more of an effort to be together. I dated around, trying to get over him and it just didn't happen for me. He's the one I want and yeah, people are different in person, but you can always work past that. Don't let other people decide on your relationship. If you want the relationship to be real, you both have to make changes. It's a draining relationship, but honestly, any relationship can be draining. If you think it's worth it, go for it.

I don't regret it.

• This was really good advice actually, I'm going through kind of hte same thing. except we're still together but its getting harder and harder for it to work since we're both wanting more but a lot of things have to change..

• Tell me a little more about it. Maybe I can help?

• i think online relationships can work if you really try. I'm in one currently and we've been together for almost 2 years. we're both a huge part of each others lives and we know each other better than anyone. he's the one person that I can talk to about anything and we really do love each other. some people might think that's impossible to love someone you've never had physical contact with but we honestly do. he's made so many sacrifices for me... one including cocaine. he stopped doing it because it made me upset and he said that I'm more important to him than anyone he knows. I hope to someday meet him but right now is hard considering we both don't have much money and we live kind of far away from each other. he lives in michigan and I live in connecticut. I told one of my friends about him and he told two of his friends nad his sister which makes me feel like he really does care and loves me enough to tell people about me. so all in all, if you find the right person an online relationship can work out and be successful... I guess I can't really say that for sure though considering we haven't met in person yet so its hard to say we will feel the same way about each other when/if we do. but I think we will... I know him as if I see him everyday and I think I will love him no matter what.