Asked out girl I like, I don't really know what to make of her response?

So I asked out a girl. We don't know each other all that well but I think she dropped hints that she liked me. I asked her out and she said she wasn't really looking for a relationship. I told her I was thinking of just going out for lunch in town. And then she agreed to saying that it sounds like fun.

I feel as if I've guilt tripped her into saying yes. She didn't exactly say no initially. Afterwards she did seem kind of excited.

She's really shy as well.

I have no idea what to make of this. I feel good for telling her how I feel and her saying yes, but it feels as if she's not interested or it's not going to work out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Society usually portrays women as wanting a healthy average relationship, but that's actually not the case, I found guys to be more emotionally needy than girls. Most girls want something... More... I don't know, it's hard to explain... Me, personally, I don't even want a "relationship" I want a best friend, someone I can talk to, chill with, and even make out with, but he'll be cool with me talking to other guys... It's... free... You're not tied to ONE specific guy... You can do whatever the fuck you want without having to worry about anyone else... And if she does want an ACTUAL relationship, most likely she wants an adventurous exciting one.

What Girls Said 5

• just because she isn't looking for a relationship doesn't mean she isn't looking for a friend, try being that first, maybe she just wants to become more familiar with you first before she commits thus she's willing to go for lunch still :)

hope this helps

• Just go and convince her that a relationship may be good for her right now, with you :3

• It depends on the girl. Maybe she changed her mind when she saw that you were eager.

• The important thing is that shr said yes. Just enjoy that date and see howthings go.

Good luck

• Telling a girl "how you feel" and expecting her to swoon is like expecting to win a boxing match never blocking and never throwing a punch.
    Its going to hurt a lot and dont expect it to last very long.

Now if by telling her how you fell is just "asking her out" and not saying how wonderful you think she is, you're fine.

• "I really like you"
      That's what I meant by telling her how I feel.

• you probably shouldn't have said that unless you backed it up with "why" you liked her.
      Normally its better to show and not tell a girl how you feel until she does.

• you're probably still ok though.

What Guys Said 1

• Well, she said yes didn't she? Now make the most of it and take her out to lunch!