Would you still respect a girl if she had sex with you?

I like a guy I've known for about 6 months, we flirt and hang out and talk about a lot of things, his opened up about his family and has told his mother about me, anyway if we were to have sex would he still respect me? I would like to get into a relationship with him but if we had sex before we were officially an item would he lose respect for me?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• Why would he lose respect for you?
    Especially at your age? At our age we have an intelligent understanding about sex.
    Sex is an important part of an adult relationship. and as a woman you should be free to do it whenever it feels right, just like a guy wants to do.
    as it is, sex should be considered a possibility from the 3rd date on. however, if it feels right then 1st or 2nd date should not be an issue.
    So if he is juvenile enough to want sex but not respect you, then he is not worth dating anyway.

• I would.

Some guys wouldn't. I'm not sure in that case why you'd want to be in a relationship with someone who would be judging you.

• I absolutely respect a girl that I had sex with. I don't know your guy, but if you are still hanging with him, then you have a good feel of his character. I feel that if a girl that I have been hanging with offers herself to me, then she is comfortable with herself and me, and all is well. I think you two may already be an item, six months is a
    long time at your age.

• I wouldn't have sex with a girl i can't love or respect.
    So yes if she had sex with me i respect her fully and i think she's a great person.

• No offense, but would it be harmful to just.. Tell him straight up that you want to be in a relationship first?

• Idk. That depends.

• I was with someone for 8 months, as we did not have sex. Her analogy, its like driving from NY to FLA and we are in NC. Well as of now... The car was carjacked, torched, and stripped, she ran off with the ones who did it. and I wanna go back home :(

• i dont know about him, but i would still respect you if you hv sex with me. But in a relationship i dont want to rush the girl.

• If he's worth keeping, he won't lose respect for you.

• Get into a relationship first, the guy might get to a conclusion that u're just up for it for the fun

• If I think she's a whore before we had sex then yes. if I really like her I would keep respecting her.

• If ur not a virgin, i alrdy lose respect for u xP

• I don't think so..

• I know this sounds mean, but:

* If she sleeps with me fast, I'd think that she's loose...
    * If she is too hot in persuit, I'll think she's desperate.
    * If she's too aggressive about sex, I'll probably flee!

This sounds crazy. Most men want nothing more than sex. But HOW they get it is more important, an a hurt ego is unlikely to be good in bed. Blame the fragile male ego.

PS: I'm the kind of guy who's very selective about whom I have sex with tho.

• Everyone has their own requirements.
      But I certainly hope you don't think that even many men think this way. pretty messed up.

• Agree that not many man think this way, and fewer still will admit it!

Most guys will just take all the sex they get, and treat her like a slut anyway!

Admittedly, I'm conservative in my sexual mores. I don't sleep easily with women and then condemn them. In fact, I hardly sleep with any women except in long-term relationships.

What Girls Said 3

• it all depends upon him but i don't think he will lose respect for you because it seems like he really likes you

• It depends on the guy. He'd have to be a bit of a prick to lose respect for to just because you both slept with one another.

I slept with my current SO before we were official and it obviously didn't make him lose respect for me. If this guy is a good guy, it'll be fine. Chemistry is a fantastic thing.

• It depends on his type of character, the more important question is will you still respect yourself?