Is it a deal breaker when someone comes on too strong?

You meet someone.
They seem fine at first.
But then within a week of knowing you they send you daily texts saying that they are falling in love with you, and care so much for you.
Is this a deal breaker?
(Keep in mind, you have not been intimate in any form)

Hypothetical question.

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely, it is nice to know they are psycho right from the beginning. That way you don't have to invest any time or effort in the relationship. I usually find out 3 months down the line, usually the day after I've decided this might be the one.

What Guys Said 12

• It is if i just met them. if I have kinda known them and just started dating them it would be a turn off. I'd approach them about it. It could be nerves or not wanting to lose something good. They hopefully will see their behavior and adjust. if not i'm out

• it could be. But maybe the kid that's texting you hasn't been close to anyone. Maybe you did something that got him to be interested so much. Most guys that do that happen to be alone quite often with bad things that happened to them.
    Honesty would help though... usually women will simply stop texting and leave the guy wondering wtf happened, and that's when his imagination gets out of control and he anaylzes everything that he did. Shows he cares, but i think if you hypothetically just tell the guy..."hey jack, your coming on a little too strong, im still your friend and like you etc so dont worry." that could help.

but at least leave the guy an explanation so he can try not to repeat the same action next time or with another woman

• Yes. Love is a strong fucking word. Even if I thought I was falling in love with someone I would keep it to myself Till i thought we were ready for it to come out,

• I've come to lean that people tackle relationships at different speeds and it changes from relation to relation too. So if the other person is evolving through the relation at the same speed it wouldn't be a red flag, it could even be good.

It's a case by case. But as a rule of thumb I'd say there's definitely a too strong, too early.

• Yes, that's some twelve year old's shit.

• Waiting is a part of life. Rushing things is often going to screw things over. I'd say it's best wait instead of rushing something so fragile

• Yes, that's a turnoff. I start becoming more mushy around the 6 week mark if I'm talking to them ALOT, not a week or 2 later haha, it's all about personal pace

• Come on too strong? no... Start getting clingy? hell yea... I never date anyone who's clingy, had one girlfriend like that nd she was a crazy bitch...

• It would really depend on if I liked her enough

• Depends how hot she is.

• That is my dream actually.
    I fall in love in like a second, and then it lasts like a week tops.
    If the girl is playing games, " oh no I am like super busy" I get bored and it ends quickly.

• what you described yes. Coming on too strong could be if the jets can't be cooled (usually with coming on strong they can be but clingy is usually just the way it's gonna be)

• The term "coming on too strong" pretty much means doing too much too soon.

What Girls Said 3

• a deal breaker? not really

• Doesn't strike you as desperate or needy?

• But not enough to turn you off? Interesting.

• Definitely

• Yes it is
    Makes them look like they just want sex or they want to be with me because they are lonely