So I think I pretty much got friendzoned?

So last night I was talking on the phone with this girl I like. We were joking and talking and whatever and she randomly said "omg (my name) could you be my little brother". I'm 20 and she's 23.. I thought to myself WTF, so that's how she see's me? I mean i guess she was joking, but no girl calls someone they would date their "little brother"

So I ask should I give up trying to be more than friends with this girl? Cause this completely surprised me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, just because she was messing around and called you like her little brother it doesn't mean she friend-zoned you! 9 times out of 10, when girls say things like that, theyre just being dorks and don't realize that what they said as a form of endearment actually had a negative effect. i know one time before i was dating my boyfriend, i made the mistake of telling him, "Oh my gosh dude! you're like the brother i've always wished i had!" and i meant it as a compliment, as in i can actually spend significant time with you, still find your jokes funny, and not wish you would get out of my house! if it really bothers you that much you could always ask her about it and tell her that it was bothering you, im sure she'd understand! but don't give up hope!

• Ah, this is extremely reassuring, Thanks! She basically said the same thing that you said. So maybe there is some hope left for me :p

What Girls Said 1

• I had a thing for a guy that was three years younger than me. He was 14, me 17. I told people, and him that he was like my little brother but it was basically my cover up

What Guys Said 3

• You only get friendzoned if you accept the friendzone.

It sounds to me as though you've done nothing to show this girl that you see her as more than a friend. If you like a girl, you need to show her you like her and then ask her out as soon as possible. Don't wait around for months on end trying to get to know her under the facade of friendship. Make your interest known early on!

As for this situation, I think you should come clean, tell her you like her and ask her out on date and see what her reaction is.

• Ouch. That sounds like definite friendzone.

But ask her out if you want to know.

• Kiss her as soon as you can. Friend zone won't even be in her dictionary after that.