Guys - are you scared of approaching women in real-time? Are you too used to being online all the time, cus this is getting boring?

I feel like everyone is socially-retarded nowadays. 10 years ago I'd go out and meet so many people. Nowadays everyone sticks to their groups.. no one strays.. no one wants to meet people. What's up people? This is so boring.

people I'm not just referring to relationships and dating.. I mean even if it's just to meet new people and see/learn new things and just have fun? relationships/dating can follow but doesn't have to start that way.

everyone just thinks too mcuh

Most Helpful Guy

• And people wonder why I don't socialize online... you can only live one life.

As to your question, at times it's intimidating to approach people, but all in all it's a manageable task. The majority of individuals you speak to in the real world are far to timid and self reflective to say or do anything offensive. You'll introduce yourself to someone new and all there worried about is how they look in the interaction and not how you've initiated it.

It's not like here on the internet where everyone is given a set of free brass balls to play with...

What Guys Said 14

• If I bumped into you, I'd approach you 'in person' not send you a text or email lol

I'm talking for myself and not others. I prefer approaching in person. The excitement levels are higher and better both ways.

Further; expressions, body language etc can't be seen online which can be in person - things happen faster that way and better.

Online i. e. on the computer is where we are almost all day owing to work depending on what type of work we do. I'm certainly not addicted to it i. e. I don't use GAG on the phone and my priorities are set right.

I VERY MUCH want to meet people but the only thing with me is work takes priority at this juncture so I socialize ONLY if I have time for it :)

• I'm not scared, but i just got nothing to talk in common sense, cause i might be a boring guy, might be not. im not forcing to find a girlfriend anymore once being rejected multiple times. Okay, that's fine. as long as i live with my own values and not die in loneliness im okay with it ;)

• umm okay but not even for dating/relationships what about just to meet new people do new things ugh?

• everyone lives comfortably at their own skins, if i want to be an active sociable guy, i would.. it's a matter of time, but it may be an excuse.

• yah whatever that's just your personality that' sfine.

• I'm not a social butterfly and I tend to keep to myself, but I don't have any issues approaching girls in real life.

• are you scared of approaching women in real-time?
    Nope, but Im a matured person and i need to direct my own life according to my plan. So Approaching and lurking around women is a waste time, you know.

Are you too used to being online all the time,?
    Im online everyday but depends on my availability and i used GAG for my own entertainment.

Nowadays everyone sticks to their groups.. no one strays?
    Simply because my friends are busy with their own families, their own business and priorities. So hanging out with them is a Gift from God. Of course the level of topics and conversation are pretty productive than flirting, we talk businesses, politics, reminiscing of our college life, boosting our ego, Laugh, tease and smile a lot.

@ Asker no offence but this is a weird question from a 30-35 years old woman.

• If your getting bored, why don't you approach men instead of waiting for us?

• ugh scroll down and read why

• that might be true? i don't know

• Go out and try :)

• I'll approach a woman in real time, no questions asked. If I like you, I'll make a move providing you aren't with a group of friends.

• I seeeeeeeee

• Eye contact and an inviting smile from a girl is all it takes for me to approach and you can bet there are plenty of guys like me knocking around.

• bleh maybe...

• You're right about it. If I may speak about me, I like it this way.

• Cuz ur not 20 anymore? After 25, it's game over and game on for men :)

• Honestly I don't get why women expect men to be the one to approach them first instead of women to be the ones to approach men first.

• I'll explain why.

women get hit on all the time, on a daily basis. we are used to getting hit on. so when a guy hits on us we don't get all stuck up about it and think we're so awesome and treat that guy badly. we like it, we're used to it, and we know how to handle it (except for girls with attitude problems who have crap personalities).

men on the other hand are not used to getting hit on. so when a girl tells a guy "i like you" or when a girl tries to approach a guy, all of a sudden he's god's gift to women and turns into a complete a-hole. he's not used to being hit on, so when a girl finally hits on him, it's like "OH MY GOD THIS GIRL IS IN LOVE WITH ME I'M SO AWESOME BECAUSE SHE APPROACHED ME AND GUYS NEVER GET APPROACHED. HOLY CRAP CAN'T BELIEVE HOW AWESOME I AM"

I have approached men in the past, when I was younger, and I learned the hard way to NEVER EVER approach a guy ever again, otherwise you're in for a terrible ride and you will be chasing him forever..

• I don't know what kinda supernatural power is stopping me from approaching to women :(

• I don't see the point in approaching women for romantic or sexual purposes.

• I'll do it if I don't wanna risk never seeing her again, but other than that, nah.

• Not anymore, no. I just don't care anymore. I know its not gonna happen, whether she rejects me or I lose interest in her. I just can't picture anything happening with a girl any time soon.

• hmm yah same here i guess...

• It's funny how women want to be treated equally until it comes down to making the first move or when its time to pay for dinner.

• oh shush. scroll down and read my response to the other guy that stated the same thing as you.

and by the way I never asked for equality. I'm not a feminist.

• oh and wrinkled.. forgot about that part.

• No. If you want to meet guys approach them. Don't sit around expecting them to. I don't expect women to approach me either. Sometimes I approach, sometimes I get approached and I'm fine with this. I don't expect nothing to be one sided and neither should you.

• i don't get to meet attractive women while socializing

• Women constantly complain about the men who approach them. If a guy doesn't approach the way they like he'll be labelled a "creep". He'll get laughed at. Sometimes insulted. Then women complain that men don't approach them?

Duh...

• well yeah but isn't that rare?

I'm never rude to a guy who approaches me unless if he does it in a disgusting way. even if I'm not attracted to him I'm always nice to everyone until they piss me off.

but still how often does that happen? i'm sure it's not often you approach someone and they're rude, right?

• More often than not women are polite but I wouldn't say it's rare. I've had some pretty harsh put-downs when all I've done is approach politely.

Also even when they are polite we know many of them complain to their friends about it, we have female friends who do this and we hear others complain about guys to tgeir friends calling them creeps and stuff yet they're nice to their faces.

No guy wants to be seen as a creep. Women don't usually seem to understabd what its like o be expected ti weather that level of rejection repeatedly because as men we're expected to make the moves.

Online it's easy because you don't feel the sting of rejection and it's anonymous, people don't usually remember you unless yoy're a total arsehole.

What Girls Said 0