How do you react when the opposite sex seems to be playing mind games?

I guess I would say, that if I suspect she's playing mind games, I would wait a little. If it continues, I would move on to the next girl, because I don't fully understand how to play. It would be emotionally draining, and therefore become a waste of my time.

Is that a good plan?

How do you react?

Most Helpful Girl

• well... I would tell her that you think she is playing games.
    Confrontation and Communication are key!!

If she was playing games... she will reconsider her strategy and stop playing games, because she will know that you're too smart for these childish games.

If she wasn't playing games, she will tell you

simple as that and you won't have to ask us here ;)

What Girls Said 6

• I have to agree. I have gotten involved with guys who seem to be doing it - like waiting 2 days before they call, hours to text back, acting busy, really? It's very silly and I'd rather not be bothered. I tried once to kind of tolerate it with a guy I really liked, and also tried to put him at ease hoping he'd stop the games by texting and calling him to show him he was on my mind. I think it's just IN certain people and it's not healthy, it IS draining and best to move on.

Eventually I think it makes me annoyed and it causes me to play games back, where does that end? It's just not good.

• ignorance is the clearest message of denial, and the best revenge. I mean ignoring the guy/girl who plays the game.

• ya that sounds smart. I always hate mind games. It always confuses me and makes ne upset. Just get out of there if she doesn't stop.

• Tragicallyinlove. Interesting choice.
      Do you have a lot of experience with this?

• Exactly that's why he's my ex.

• How long did that last? You're gonna have to explain how on earth you two made it past the courting phase.

• I don't know cause I'm going through the same shit right now! My best guy friend... ( we have sex, and work together, and spend a lot of time together... But he keeps playing these games at work by making my extremely jealous and then try's to wait and see how I will react. We usually leave together from work, and I just went home he seemed upset cause we only really hang out with eachother... I think the silent treatment works!

• That sounds like classic FWB, which isn't something I do. Do you intend to have feelings for each him/each other?

• Sorry, *Did you intend

• We do have feelings for eachother. And we both admitted to it. Plus it's pretty apparent. We just don't tLk About certain things. Like he was texting me tonight asking of I was okay. And I said I would talk to him later. I don't want to feel vulnerable , admit
      Jealous. Cause he acts like he doesn't have a clue. It's a very bizarre friendship.. Pretty amazing though. I mean we have made it this long and haven't been intimate for very long... And have been great friends for a while ( we used to live next to eaxhother) we have very passionate sex it's almost scary... I just don't know where this is going. I didn't mean to turn this into my situation. I'm sorry. My words for you I guess.. Is that mind games hurt. :(

• Mind games can be fun at first, yeah. But in the long run, if a girl is really interested in you, mature, and knows what she wants. Then she won't play these mind games with you.

If you really aren't the type to play back to these mind games, I would just be straight up with her. Let her know exactly what you want from her, and that your not down to play these games.

• how do yo know 'exactly' what you want from someone, you dont even know very well.. what does that mean?

can you give me an example of knowing exactly what you want?

• "I'm not playing games, I want to have a good time getting to know you." eh? Something along the lines of that?

• Yeah, exactly.
      Just be honest with her, but it depends on the girl. Not all girls are ready for the truth, some just don't know what they want, which is why they play mind games to begin with or they're just trying to come off as hard to get.

• I agree! Minds games dont work for me either, is a childish behavior.

• Play back 💁

• :) you skimmed the "don't fully understand" bit.

What Guys Said 3

• If you're 18 or over you shouldn't have to deal with mind games. Moving on ASAP is the greatest choice. Mind games are for high school kids. Unfortunately, many people never grow up.

• It kills all interest for me

• walked away and never looked back