How do you feel about tattoos on a girl/boy?

Does it turn you off? Does it attract you? Are you indifferent? I'm especially curious about what guys think for this one, because this friend of mine wants to get a little butterfly tattoo on her ass. Would that bother you?

Most Helpful Guy

• For attraction, I don't like tattoos on a girl because i think the natural skin just looks better. Don't really care if a guy has one or not.

What Girls Said 15

• It really depends. I think I prefer no tattoos.

• Some people look hot with tattoos now, but it will be interesting when they're old and wrinkly. If I really like you I don't care.

• I like well placed and tasteful tattoos. That being said tattoos don't suit everyone and some people tend to over do them.
    I actually want to get a small tattoo on the inside of my right ankle, above my heel bone. I think it'll look extra sexy when wearing strappy heels. I also want to get a tattoo somewhere else aha, but I rather not say ;)

• Tattoos around the feet/ankles.. sexy as hell. I think it comes from my love of feet, but that's a secret, don't tell anyone.

• haahaha thanks :) They are quite sexy!

• I don't have any tattoos, but I don't care if other people do. My fiance has tattoos that are well placed, well done, and a reflection of him.

What I don't like is random tattoos that have no meaning, or just ones that are poorly placed or poorly done.

• I love tattoos a lot I have them and I want more and I'm getting more.. On guys I think it's so hot. But not If it's a tribal or something everyone has.. But I love tattoos.. Can't stress that enough :)

• I love tattooo's. They're so sexy to me, to be honest. I love when guys have chest tattoo or maybe on their arm. I don't like ones faces though.

For girls I find it so fucking hot when they have it on their lower back, or lower stomach.

• I find them sexy, given they are tasteful

• Tattoos are very sexy.

• I personally hate tattoos but at the same time wouldn't care if it was on someone else. I just don't like them for me if that makes sense. As for your friend, she's going to regret that when she's 40 and looking at her ass and sees the remnants of her 20 something year old self

• She says it's going to be a small one, but I still don't like the idea. Mostly because it seems like an impulse to me and she might regret it. Plus, why blemish your ass with a silly tattoo?

• If its a unique, detailed tattoo then I'm a big fan. I think tattoos should be art - not something generic, etc.

• I feel the same way. I only like them when they are really detailed and meaningful. But if it's something silly, or a tattoo of some japanese word you don't even understand, then I'm not a fan.

• I dislike them a lot, but too each his/her own

• Boys should have zero tattoos (or piercings, for that matter). I have one small tattoo with my bf's name above my ass.

• That's interesting. So you wouldn't like it if your boyfriend also had a tattoo with your name?

• I have one myself, getting another soon.
    I don't mind a few tattoos, depending on what they are and what they look like, of course.
    I knew a girl who was dating a guy with "KKK" tattooed on his neck... yeah, that would NOT be happening, and there's no way I'd date a man with that kind of ink.

• She was dating him? Uh... that's pretty bad. Even if you were racist, why would you get one like that? You most definitely would not be able to walk around my neighborhood with it, that's for sure.

• Dating him and is now MARRIED to him. I think he's since gotten it removed.
      They're both trash, so yeah... it fits.

• Don't really care
    Some men look hotter with them
    Especially if he's bald and muscled up

• it honestly depends on the person... some people can pull them off others cant.

What Guys Said 6

• In a 2 years, i'm getting this (similar Gothic style, not the exact but on the same level of badassness)

www.tattoo-models.net/.../...eve-screenshot-15.jpg

• I'm not a fan of tattoos, so it would be a turnoff if a woman had tattoos.

• i kinda lke tatts on girls or boys as long as they r not covered with it , so i like them on arms , legs , backs , necks but face tatts to me are ugly

• Definetly a turn-off, unless it's somewhere less visible like on the ankle or something.

• What about on the ass (as in the case with my friend)? It's not that visible to everyone else, but you would still see it.

• Not really a fan of that either.

• It's attractive, but would never date a girl with tattoo's. Not interested in getting any either.

• The history of people with tattoos seems to be true, low class. Prostitutes in Eastern Europe wear them, prisoners, sadistic persons and people with poor judgment.

The tattoo is the only thing that will without say a word will cause someone to form a judgment and most of the time it is bad.

I have had to lie to a few women as to why I am not into them. I lie and say, it is against my religion.

If she is ever arrested, the ink may be made apart of her police report and if she needs a visa to enter some countries, her visa can be denied due to ink, it is call a violation of Moral Turpitude. A visa is a criminal back ground check and since ink on a woman normally means prostitute, many countries will not permit prostitutes into their country.

So you are back to ink meaning - poor judgment.