Would you date a guy shorter than you or your height?

So the past three guys I've dated have been in the range of 5'11 to 6'3. This new guy I've just recently started dating is I believe 5'9 were about the same height he's like an inch taller than. When we first hung out it didn't feel awkward at all, I thought that I would feel a little off with dating a guy that was short but now it doesbt seem like a issue.

Most Helpful Guy

• From what I've heard, the hangup about height seems to mostly be an American thing (though also pretty prominent in Australia). A lot of girls have height cutoffs, even ones well above their height. It seems like "at least taller than me" seems to be the absolute minimum cutoff in general, but a lot of girls go for "taller than me with heels" or "as tall as I can get", so short guys tend to get left in the dust.

What Guys Said 1

• Interesting, I didn't think of 5'9" as short.

What Girls Said 1

• I personally find it slightly uncomfortable at first, but I usually get over it. All up to the individual really.