My boyfriend told me he was falling in love with me while he was drunk. Should I take this seriously?

He has a hard time expressing his feeling but when he's drunk he tells me how much he appreciates me, loves spending time with me, happy, and all that stuff. We got into an argument yesterday and I was pretty angry at him and he called me last night and was like "do you want me to tell you I'm falling in love with you?" But he was drinking. So I don't know whether he was being truthful or not or what. Should I just ask him about it or leave it be for now? I'm falling in love with him but I'm not ready to say it yet

Most Helpful Guy

• He's being truthful. People's filters come off when they're drunk. Now, if he only expresses his feelings when he's drunk and never when he's sober, that might be an issue. Eventually, he should be comfortable enough to express himself when he's sober. Unless he doesn't want to put himself out there because he's unsure about how you feel about him. Shouldn't really be a issue since y'all are dating, but no one wants to tell a girl he's love her if the feeling is not reciprocated. So, I'd just talk to him about him and tell him how you feel about him. That should make him more comfortable in expressing his feelings toward you. Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• I believe it
    but understand that life & being an opposite (not a soul mate) always gets in the way when sober.
    His deep emotions might serve drunken sex but when daylight comes, he can't stand living with you & I don't know why

• Men often have difficulty to express their feelings, mostly if they are macho, so quite often when it is the case, alcohol acts as a truth serum for them. That's not a guarantee of course.

What Girls Said 2

• the truth comes out when a person is drunk

• Oh and honestly, when you're ready it'll just fall straight out of your mouth and you will have no idea what happened

• It would depend on how long you've been together and known each other