Dating someone more than twice my age?

i recently moved to the mountains and started renting a room from a gentlemen in his 50's and im only 23. something about him really attracts me. weve dated for almost 8 months now but i left him because i could never come to terms with telling people. i love him for who he is and its a normal relationship, he doesn't financially support me nor would i let him, i genuinly love him but i can't come to terms with bringing public the age difference. do i stay with him and go public, keep it private or move on?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is sooooooooooo common. Do whatever you're most comfortable with.

What Guys Said 2

• This happens all over the world. In the USA people judge more.

Do what makes you happy it is your life. One moment in love is worth more than the thoughts that may or may not come your way.

• there is nothing wrong in it if you genuinely like him

What Girls Said 2

• If you can't go public... then you shouldn't be with him... It's like... you're ashamed- afraid of what people will think of both of you. That's only going to poison the relationship. Btw, have you thought about the long-term with someone that much older than you? When he's 70, you're going to be 40. That's a huge ass difference :/ And this is coming from someone who wants a considerable age gap.

• Nothing wrong with that. Tell people.