Should a girl text a guy after a first date?

Should a girl text a guy after a first date? Or does this break all rules? Will this come off as desperate to him? Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Erm, I don't know what rules you are referring to. The best part about life is that you get to pave your own streets. I don't see why the hell you shouldn't text him. And at very least, if the date was good, tell him thanks.

Regards and good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• Actually... Yes, text him.

I've been dating this girl for the last month and a half; I'm getting ready to drop her for another chick because she never expresses interest in me. Never calls, never texts, when we go out I pick up the tab all the time without her ever offering... Yah, I feel like a tool.

So if you're interested then act interested. Otherwise he's just going to think you don't care. FYI I'm not a sensitive guy at all, I'm pretty strong and laid back about things but the way this chick is acting just tells me she's not interested.

• It happened to me and I didn't have a problem with it. Probably thinking to much, but if you want to text him just say you had a good time and keep it nice and short. Don't write some novel or text him all night.

• Why the obsession with worrying about coming off as desperate? I don't get it, I see questions like this every day.

Yes you should text a guy after the first date, let him know you had a good time, that is normal, not desperate!

What Girls Said 2

• Go ahead and show him what a lady you are... Tell him you had a great time and thanks for the fun time. xx

• nope if you want to go ahead! just let him know what a great time you had :)