Trying to get into dating with no experience, any help would be lovely?

Summary: Screwed up life, a lot of baggage, never been in a relationship or even kissed someone, finally started getting my life no track.

I had my life screwed up with a pretty traumatic 3 years during High school. This led to me not graduating, developing schizophrenia, severe depression. On the up side I love the relaxed and accepting person all that has made me into. Finally 2 years after High school I'm finally getting my life back on track with seeing the doctor and physiologist.

I have very little friends and the ones I do, I don't see that often. I want to try getting myself into dating but don't know how or where to start, mostly on the talking to someone part. Since I was never really able to leave the house, I've spent thousands of hours behind my computer so I made and OkCupid and PlentyofFish profiles. So how do I talk to someone when I have a lot of baggage?

Most Helpful Girl

• trust me, at first no one really knows how to date. Keep on working and making yourself happy first, then along he way in life you'll meet someone you'll care about and make that person happy. Also, having a lot of baggage, no one has a perfect life and being happy all the time. We've all been there.
    Good luck.

What Girls Said 1

• I agree with the other opinions, you have to make yourself happy first! That's the most important thing so you don't have to get into a relationship right away. Just be yourself, I'm sure everything will be just fine! Maybe you could go on a website for people who have dealt with a lot of stuff just like you have. That way the other person will really understand you and you could help eachother. Good luck, all the best!

What Guys Said 1

• wow you're like my twin hah, i know exactly how you feel dude (except the schizophrenia and non grad, i have other problems). I'm 4 years out of school and i'm still having a hard time getting a job. Take it slow.. you have a whole life ahead of you, keep working to get back on track and making yourself happy and stable, then you can start working on making someone else happy, as for talking to someone having baggage, be honest, you can't have a smile be happy all the time, trust me i've tried, who knows? maybe that special someone will pop in your life along the way and help with it.. hope this helps, take care.