Who is more unrealistic in their expectations, single men or single women?

I've been in a dating game awhile now and I think that single men are very unrealistic in their expectations. Women may say one thing but are always willing to bend for the right guy. I live in California and its like the men here are so freakin superficial and I'm sorry I'm a Midwestern girl, i may live up to your beauty standards but home will be well taken care of. I see men chasing the "beautiful" women then marry her to find out there was nothing under the hood. smh

Correction - I meant to say I may not live up to your beauty standards.

Most Helpful Guy

• I always thought single women were more unrealistic in their expectations of men. However I admit I was wrong. Both genders can have equally unrealistic expectations. I agree with the statement about finding nothing under the hood. But what about women who marry for money? :-/

• True, there are those women who marry for money. Either that's how they were raised or men have dogged them out so much that stop caring about love and only about the pockets.

• That is true. But men are not without there downsides either. You've just listed one and I'm sure we could make a long list for both genders! Don't worry you'll find a good guy eventually :)

What Guys Said 4

• BOTH
    Guys think she'll be the fantasy gal of his dreams
    Gals think she can make him into her fantasy guy

• Movies.
    Chick flicks give girls unrealistic ideas of guys. p*rn gives guys unrealistic ideas of women.

• I honostly think this goes equally both ways, I know it's a boring answer but I would lie if I said something different.

• The stupid ones are unrealistic from both genders.

What Girls Said 3

• indeed men want perfection: not too much make up, angel voice.. tall, big hair etc. Think men are actually more pickier and the older they get the more difficult and stuck up they are in what beauty is and what they looking for!

• Average Men. Men want the hottest girl they can find.
    Women just want the cutest man that wants us that has a job.

• Midwestern people <3 sweetest people ever.