Agree or not you can't make a man love you but if he does you will know it?

So I am old fashioned. My dating history consisted of primarily jerks. I had daddy problems my own treated my mom like garbage and didn't respect me either. I went to therapy and realized I need to respect myself.

Now I am dating and letting myself be respected. It seems like the best way is to put yourself out there and give guys a chance. I just met a guy. He has a lot of qualities I always wanted. He is a bit older than I wanted and not perfect looking. But he is extremely sweet and caring. Our personalities went well together. He is very respectful. And I love his sweetness. This is from someone who dated and loved bad boys.

It seems like he is doing a lot of work in pushing the relationship ahead. He completely pursued me. All I do is be receptive and caring and make him feel appreciated. And it's easy for me to do that sincerely because I think he is a great guy. I am so happy I met him and even if I lose him it taught me that love is possible.

It also taught me that when a guy truly cares for a girl she won't be running after him. Sure she needs to show some effort but the big steps and majority will come from him.

Does anyone else agree?

What Guys Said 1

• If love is true then both parties will make the efforts and both parties will feel secure in the other's love.

What Girls Said 1

• This guy I was with I had no idea he was in live with me
    It wasn't until I f@(&); up things and ended if that u found out
    So no I don't think a girl can truly know unless he tells her or he shows if