When a guy says he wants me to take off my pants but promises that he will "stay on the outside" should I believe him? How close should I let him get?

This is a guy I have dated several times and have come to trust... to a certain degree. But I understand that guys in this situation are not to be trusted. Of course after making out and being touched, it's not easy for me to stop either!

Most Helpful Guy

• If you have to ask, you're probably not ready for it

What Guys Said 10

• Never take off your pants unless you are gonna have full sex. It sounds like he is gonna try some really shady shit with you. Run like hell is my personal recommendation.

• If you're not ready to have penis-in-vagina sex, why not just agree to doing other things? Like giving oral to each other, or mutual stimulation with your hands?

• Guys nor girls in this situation can be trusted. "nothing propinx like propinquity" (MarkTwain)

• Why not tell him that your pants will only come off if he sticks to using his hands and mouth on you. In return you would use your hands and mouth on him. This should satisfy him and talking about your expectations first should avoid having to stop anyghing later.

• Nope, when pants are off... something is going it.

• He may even believe that he'll stay on the outside when he said that, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's true. More than likely he wants something to happen, whether or not he's really conscious of it.

• To simplify if it isn't clear: I wouldn't do it if I were you.

• If he's asking you to do that then he can't possibly want to "stay on the outside." It doesn't exactly make sense.

• How much can you trust him... that's the question.

• Have you ever had sex before?

• "When a guy says he wants me to take off my pants but promises that he will "stay on the outside"
    That lie is right up there with, "The check is in the mail."

What Girls Said 4

• No, he wants to turn you on and by then you will find it difficult to go back and you will go all the way with him.

• That's really up to you. I say if you aren't ready to have sex, leave the pants on

• Don't trust him.

• Don't take down your pants then
    It's that simple

• It's not that easy. I've let him feel me down and it's hard to say no completely. I usually wear skirts on date so it's panties I am talking about here. Once I start it's so hard to stop!

• Exactly. He's hoping that you'r cave in and go all the way. All this adds is more temptation. If you're not ready, don't play his games.

• "Once I start it's so hard to stop!" that's the problem...