What do you think of the age difference? 17 year old girl and a 22 year old man. Guys and girls opinions welcome please xxxxx?

Im a 17 year old girl (18 soon) and im with a 22 year old man. We haven't been together long but he is an absolutely lovely man and we get on great. My parents love him, but my friends aren't to sure. They don't like the age difference. His age has never bothered me but I can't help but wonder why it affects my friends. What do all of you think of the age difference?
Thanks a mil :)

Most Helpful Guy

• im dating a girl 9yrs younger than me. i have no problem with it. i prefer younger women. i get greif from people every now and then but i ignore it. sometimes i think its jealously. its harder for people to acceptit the younger you are. go for it!

What Guys Said 4

• its an ideal age difference in my opinion & your partner will help you in many aspects of your life also your emotional & sexual relationship would be almost perfect... in my opinion same age of partners often create several problems like ego clashes and so... but if male partner is older 3-6 years then it can make most beautiful couple possible...

• Thanks a million sweetie! Really needed to hear something like this! xxxx

• Gave u an old follow for that :) xxx

• The age difference is nothing.. Genuinely.. and if you like the guy then go ahead and be with him!

• thats honestly not that big of a age difference, generally people who get fussy over an age difference like that are generally pretty immature so dont take notice

• Seems fine.

What Girls Said 4

• 4 years is nothing lol but since your not 18 yet id hold off on the sex until your of legal age or you could get the poor guy in trouble, i don't think what your friends think is irrelivant though this is what YOU want not your friends... there is too much of friends trying to tell their other friends what to do these days i know, but if they don't like it they know where to go lol... i'm 23 and i would date a guy 6 years older but that's my limit it gets creepy after that and generally anyone after 6 years would probably want to get more serous and settled but i don't lol. So yeh 4 years is fine just be careful with the law as they might as your technically still a minor.

• Thanks sweetie :) its all okay though, the legal age in Ireland is 17 :) xxxx

• I think it is a little odd that he is 5 years older then you.. but if he is respectful, nice, and comfortable to be around thats ok! And it helps a lot if your parents like him! :)

• Hell have different intentions but if you want to go for it

• Age is just a number it really doesn't matter

• That seems to be my life motto! Finally someone else agrees! thank you xxxx

• my bfs 3 years younger then me i started dating him when he was 16 and i was 18 i mean that's not quite as big a difference but still if your parents are fine with it i honestly don't see the issue because once your past 18 age really is just a number. :)