Friend's with benefits is a joke?

The funny thing is that in the Movie, they ended up becoming a couple, as if the movie answered its own question: Friends with benefits doesn't work!

I feel like its a joke for people who either want to use each other repeatedly, or are afraid to make a commitment.

I have a female friend who feels that she's in a friends with benefits relationship. But the guy she's sleeping with let me know that in his mind, if it weren't for the sex, they wouldn't be friends at all! Incidentally, she's quite attractive.

Do you guys agree? Comments are appreciated!

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• friends with benefits to be is a nice way of saying fuck buddies. You get what you need and that's it

• I currently have a friends with benefits with no intention of pursuing the relationship forward. It's purely for weed, sex, and tv. It can work. Just depends on the situation.

• Yes that's what she wants sex nothing else

• It depends.

I've had friends with benefits who were friends first and the sex just kind of happened from spending so much time together. I've also had a f buddy where we knew each other before, but weren't good friends. People confuse the two as the same thing.

What Guys Said 2

• I want a friends with benefits... i got hurt a lot when i was in relationships. My ex well kinda ruined how i see relationships now and can't get rid of the thought. I rather have a friends with benefits or fuck buddy relationship to:
    - Keep emotions out of the relationship cuz i am a fucking emotion desiaster
    - Not get hurt
    - Not let the girl get hurt
    - And well of course it's fucking sex... what can go wrong with that

For real tho... i rather have a fuck buddie than a relationship... or have a fuck buddie and slowly convert into a relationship if you get what im talking about.

• I haven't seen it so I don't know what to tell you about it, but I do know it's a movie. Just a movie.

In the example you gave it seems like to her she's in a FWB, but to the guy they are just f*** buddies. I believe there is a difference between the two.

Exclusives don't always work either.