When a guy says "I didn't want you to just wanna have sex with me", what is he trying to say?

That's word for word what he said, and it's worded oddly. That's why it's bothering me. I want to see if I'm overthinking or if he really meant something before I go asking him about it. Thanks.

More details, okay.
We dated for a while before he broke up with me, unexpectedly. I think he got scared. He flirts with me a lot, treats me very well... He's been hinting at the "love" stuff a lot, so... Yeah.
Well, everyone. Tonight I find out he has a girlfriend. And even more conveniently so, they just started dating tonight! How wonderful for them (insert sarcasm there).

Most Helpful Girl

• He wants you to love every part of him, and have a relationship that is more than just physical

What Guys Said 8

• Well it sounds like he wanted your relationship to be about more than just sex.

• He wants a relationship. If you don't want to have a relationship you need to tell him that so there are no wrong signals coming from you.

• I definitely would love a relationship.

• No problem

• Hey could you check out my question and give me advice?
      girlsaskguys. com/relationships/q1059433-how-do-you-deal-with-your-girlfriend-s-racist-dad

• Who cares what he says, what does he do?

• I mean, we flirt constantly. We do kind of just have sex for fun. When we do, he seems perfectly content just cuddling and lying in bed talking. I'm always the one that Starts the foreplay. He kisses me on the forehead, calls me pet names, plays with my hair, etc.

• Thank you!

• Yep,, I hope everything works well, good luck.

• why not give us some more details so we have a better understanding on the situation?

• He likes you for more than sex. He wants a relationship, not just sex. He's in love with you.

• It sounds like he doesn't want a relationship that's based on sex.

• He needed you to need sex with him. I don't know

• he wants u to want more that just sex... HE WANTS A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU...

• What should she do? I'm sure she wants that too..

• I do flirt with him. I guess in time, things will happen if they're going to happen.

• yea...

What Girls Said 1

• The Sighs Are There Do What You Feel Is Best For You