Does what happens in the movies ever actually happen to anyone in real life?

I was just debating this with a girl who is a friend of mine. I told her it must happen to someone at least some of the time. I was curious if anyone on here has ever found who they thought was the perfect guy/girl but the timing was a little off and then out of creativity or whatever they did something outrageous and got the girl/guy in the end? You know where a guy jumps in his car and drives over to the girl's place and professes his desire for her and she tells him she has been waiting for him to do just that? I know movies are typically fantasies, but I figured it has to happen once in a while right?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea it does, but it's rare to find that one person to do all those great things for. If you find it, you'll realize that limitations are non existent and that you will do anything to illustrate your love.

What Girls Said 12

• this happens all the time, people show amazing empathy and love to one another and surprise loved ones with their amazing acts of kindness and support, but it isn't always for a girl, it's for sisters, lathers aunts, brothers fathers uncles, best friends since childhood and people who are going to go on and be your best friend forever. Things look a lot more dramatic when you play a stupid romantic song in the background, but real life acts of love are not done for effect.

• Yeah I fe head over hills for this one guy though I'm usually not into commitment...

We got together and lived Happily Ever After =)

SIKE!!! So unrealistic... It's possible but extremely unlikely.

• IF it does, it happens like once in a blue moon lol
    Wish I would get the great guy, since I'm the typical plain jane that studies and is shy.
    Other scenario movies do happen: dog dies, people die. But the love part, not so often, but I like to believe it does happen to some people to have a love story like the one you mention :)

• If that is you in the picture, Lauren2410, you are no plain jane, at least in this man's opinion. We write our own scripts, to an extent. Had I not asked my wife out on my last day of work, I would not have had my own romance. Had my father not said anything to my mother, or not asked her out, it wouldn't matter how well he played Debussey, I wouldn't exist.

• Aww thanks:)
      And glad you got your own romance :)

• I wish I was in exciting car chase, with gun play on a freeway. Using mma to fight for my life lol. As for romance, nope. I would assume bc most guys are intimidated by me.

• As you get older I think you'll find guys are less and less intimidated by you.

• I see. The late 30s and up like me. My age group I could care less.

• Exactly what I'm talking about. I used to get intimidated by some women and now that I am 35 I find I am not anymore. I still get a little nervous on occasion, but I don't have a problem with approaching anyone. What's the worst thing that can happen, she blows you off. You wake up the next day and realize nothing about your life has changed so it's no big deal.

• Sure. Lots of people get hit by cars.

Oh, you mean romantically. Sorry, but movies have a way of leaving a lot of stuff out when it comes to relationships. They're very formulaic, and people aren't like that. I'm sure it's happened once in a blue moon, but it's definitely not something to expect.

• Haha! Funny. I know it's a long shot, but I figured it had to happen once in a while to someone. I've never had it happen to me, but it's gotta happen. Maybe that's just the romantic in me, but people would hate that shit if it never happened to anyone. That's why they watch because they are hoping somewhere along the line it happens to them.

• Thanks! What did he do that was unconventional if you don't mind my asking? I'll take any words of inspiration I can get right now!! And I don't even care if I have a perfect movie ending. Any ending I get that has this girl with me at the end will be perfect in my eyes.

• First of all, there was a slight age difference that wasn't really that big, but because it was high school and he was younger, he was extremely nervous about her thinking if him as a kid. Well, the girl had been having problems with a boyfriend who neglected her all the time except for sex and public appearances, and my friend kept her company with his bizarre sense of humour and really goofy antics. (He liked pretending to be a duck, for instance.) As it turned out, she eventually left her boyfriend because she was worried that he was trying to make her grow up too fast. She liked my super immature, younger friend better, because he let her embrace her sillier side and be herself, which her boyfriend never did c:

I know that's a bit of an odd story, but it did work out. I guess that's probably not the same as yours, eh? But oh well. It's still cute, in my opinion at least c:

• Movies focus on major aspects in life. There's no time to allow for all the little things that make up reality. Real life gets much more messy and that doesn't make a good film.

• I would think it happens once in a blue moon.

• It would be nice but no not really

• i hope lol <3 there has to be somethingg out there that can relate to movie situations.

• Movies are not real life

• Aww this would be amazing lol.. I always wondered if this scene ever played out in real life it's the part when a special love male/female gets a way. Meet someone else and eventually gets married, and the day of the wedding day the other guy realizes He really loves her and it should be him marrying her and go to the church and interrupt the ceremony , profess his love.. Ahahaha, I know I'm silly Hehehehe, but I'm dying to know if any one ever done that before and how did it work out... I'm thinking maybe the scenario happened before but maybe not the scene... I don't know but hey, I am a romantic too !! :). I'd live to know that actually happened and the details too! So I'll stay posted to your thread just in case somebody ends up sharing or remembering an incident :)

• I know right? I guess I'm a romantic like that too. I have a situation where I'm hoping the girl all of sudden realizes the guy she wants is right in front of her and she lets me in. But I'm not holding my breath for that to happen!

• You know I was thinking last night, that this same situation happened with my ex girlfriend. We had dated for a few weeks and then one day she quit returning my calls. I thought she was gone forever then about a month later we were at the same bar and she saw me and I was talking with another girl and she freaked out and left the bar. We ended up dating for four years and it didn't work out for us right away either. She's a leo and I'm a Capricorn if you believe in that stuff. So was my ex. They take a long time to realize things and capricorns are super patient and will wait for what they really want. We'll see what happens!

• Yeah, the horoscopes are so entertaining. . I do like reading them and seeing what I believe to be odd coincidences hehehehe. . Capricorns are great. And that's awesome... you'll see patience is a virtue. It'll all work out, it's something you want, and you've put it in the universe. .. the universe has a strange way of giving people what they ask for, if they really believe they deserve it

• Never had a romantic movie ending but I've had a tragic romance movie relationship. Not as fun as you'd think.

• That sucks! I can imagine it would not be fun.

• Did he get himself clean? Sometimes those tragic movie romances end up good. You are using loved in the past tense though so I'm assuming he didn't.

• He's in jail now. He's in NA and AA in there. He's clean and not as emotional or intense. He's boring. Maybe it's because we have to sit across from each other and we can't touch.

What Guys Said 7

• hahaha, so if I told you my personal story would you believe me? Well whether you do or not here's a answer for your debate. My life's nothing crazy, it gets intense now and then and I'm like sometimes the odd one out. On my last weekend of being stationed in Texas, I wanted to get off base and just pretty much do something anything, an adventure if you will. But being the only single guy in this small group of friends it sucks because everyone wanted to spend the night talking to their, lovers, gfs, bfs, wives and their husbands and what not. I'm hitting the town solo, nothing new done it a few times and every now and then I hit pay dirt even if I am a reformed womanizer. I've not hit a good Japanese restaurant for sushi, found it but it was packed on a Saturday night. I ended up at this oldie, rustic looking Mexican spot up on a hill. I walk in a as I am being seated, I see the waitress on my left waiting a table, and I shit you NOT! I've had good amount of girls in my life but when I saw this girl I just knew that I was not leaving this place until I had her name and number or either. It was funny because there were times in the conversation where I was just fumbling through words, getting lost in my mind when I thought I was actually talking but wasnt, she was all smiles, I even picked some weird combos off the menu. Eye games ensue, small talk here and there and then when I asked for the check, I was like this is my in, just as she comes back she hands me the check but then leans back and asks" Hey uh um would you be up to grab a cup of coffee later after my shift?" I was pretty flabbergasted, discombobulated and was like uh wtf? I just smiled and was replied" I was going to ask you the very same thing!" She was like "Oh Really?" She wrote her number behind my receipt and tells me to find a place close by and text her, there's tons around in this area. I so I did, and I happen to just pick her favorite little place and its close by.

• If you want to know the rest just message me. I'm sure you've got the point.

• I feel you mate. Fck this is embarrassing, i can't hold my tears.

• Lol, sorry, because i know how you feels, i know the pain.
      Year 2006 i received a call from strangers that turn my life upside down, my happiest, my darkest days of my life. That call ended up in a rich family conflict, rape, suicide and death treats. I can't go to the details but i think the most explosive part of my tragic love story is the rape moment, where i was tied up in a room and in the next room my gf was being rape by her Xbf. I really want to share my story but i can't continue with out tears. If i have a one wish in my life, is to see her again and i want to apologize for being weak, i failed to protect her, she endured many things, i put her and the unborn daughter to danger for asking to kill herself. Im young and desperate i was running and hiding from those gunman. wooohhh... i really want to say sorry for being incapable.

• Well, my mother and father met when my father played the piano and my mother heard him. She said to her friend, "I want to marry that man!" They did. Married for 51 years. Her friend confirmed that's what she said to her. That kind of sounds like a movie plot, doesn't it?

Now, I met my late wife when SHE was playing Beethoven on the piano. I was drawn to the music and there she was. I didn't say or even feel like, "I want to marry that girl," but I was very attracted to her. That kind of sounds like a movie plot too, I suppose.

However, most of life bears about as much resemblance to a movie as NASA does to Star Wars.

• Your parents thing sounds like a movie. I think it happens less and less today. Probably just a sign of the times and with all the ways to contact someone it leaves a lot of the mystery out of it. What prompted the question is I was talking with a girlfriend of mine about a girl I met. She is a contractor for my company and from time to time we bring them lunch. I had never seen this girl before and when I walked in and saw her standing there waiting for me I felt like I got hit by a mack truck!! I was instantly attracted to her and I have never had that happen to me before, and I have been married too. I've gone out with her a couple times but there is another guy in the picture. It's really complicated. So I was asking my girlfriend if it ever happens. Honestly, I don't need a movie ending. Any ending where she ends up being with me is perfect in my eyes. In just a couple times being with her she has rocked me. So I was just curious if that stuff ever happened. I know it's a longshot

• Good luck, Asker.

• In a walk to remember a girl gets cancer, and 3 of my 4 grandparents got cancer, so yea.

• Not exactly what I was going for, but yeah, me too. So I guess you're right!

• I be inclined to believe that Godzilla actually happened. I think those movies you refer to are what a person thinks will happen in their head beforehand. When they put it into place the get a hard dose of reality.

• Sure I've had one movie type romance.

• Movies are far away from practical life especially the dance and the songs thousands dancing at your back NEVER

• Nope, life isn't a fairytale unfortunately.