Girls, those of you who have been hurt by "players": I hear you decide to go for "nicer" men after; do you see that as contently settling for less?

well, not necessarily "nicer" men, but guys with less initiative and flirt skill.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the "nice" guy in question. If I feel significantly less chemistry and enjoy myself with him less, then yes, I'm settling. I would never choose to settle.

However, if the chemistry is the same, and I enjoy myself with him the same, then on the contrary, I feel I've gone way above the "players" league.

The last player I encountered didn't really have much initiative or flirt skill either. He was used to girls doing all the work. However, I did have a lot of chemistry with him, and our sense of humor was the same, so that was important to me. It did not work out for obvious reasons, but it wasn't all because of his initiative (I would've appreciated more in this area!)

What Girls Said 4

• No im going for what I thought I was going for but now I learn my lesson to feel things put slower and get them know them then rush into something. To me im not settling for less if I settle with those "players/past relationships" then Illbe settleinf for less! Now I know what I dont want and what I do deserve. And I knowy instants for usually right and to follow that.

• So it's about learning what you want out of a guy, who is confident, forward, emotional aware, flirty, and all that?

• Well from those past relationships yes. Now I know a lot better and it help me feel out other guys and avoid a lot too. Plus from those relationships I found who I wanted to be as a person.

• I was hurt by a player a few months ago and I felt awful. I thought I was stupid for falling for a guy like that and I wanted to rip his head off whenever I saw him around. But I wouldn't say I'm going for the "nicer" guys or choosing to settle. I now like this guy that suddenly caught my eye with his actions and words. He doesn't have the "nice guy" persona either. I've become much more cautious though, such as watching his actions and asking people if they have been a player in the past/still are players. I think other girls do this too after they've been hurt.

• I don't go for 'nice guys' I go for guys that treat me with respect. No, I don't think that's settling.

• Actually I was just hurt by this douche bag and I thought he was a nice guy! I would much go for a more loving, caring person that's nice... instead of a pathetic liar that is a player! Players are settling for less when you think about it! Never nice guys! Hope I helped a bit!

What Guys Said 0