We're from different sexual planets, apparently. How to reconcile?

I just started sleeping with a new boy (a really good friend) and our styles of sexin' are so different it's hard for me to stay in the moment. He has moves that just don't do it for me, and a lot of my favorite things don't cut it for him either. When it comes to me, I try in the moment to guide him, but he's stubborn and can get offended; he's very *proud* of his abilities (and also insecure, so that doesn't help.) I don't want to end it just yet, but how can I get us both on the same page?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're serious and want to stay with him I suggest couples therapy. A third party will help both of you accept any compromises that have to be made.

What Guys Said 2

• Just say you want to talk about sex. I'm hoping there are some things you like that he does. Tell him that first and say what you would like him to do. Tell him what gets you off. If he wants to continue he will adjust, unless he is not smart.

• Talk to him when neither of you are particularly horny. That way people think more clearly.

What Girls Said 0