Should I be friends with women first?

My friends say to be friends with women instead of hitting on them and showing romantic interest. Do you agree with this? I'm looking for a gf

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm reading your responses to the people who answered and you come off as a really immature woman hater. You claim women get satisfaction from rejecting you. that women are mean. that they like bad boys. With that negative attitude towards women, why would they date you. And you do understand that not all women like the same thing so maybe you need to tone down your "all women are evil" rants.

I also happen to know that the advice given to you was that you should be friendly to women... that a friendly approach is better than just giving them a old cliched line.

• I w as told by a girl on here that they do like bad boys and by the way I love women, I was raised by women

• aren't you old enough to realize that one woman's opinion is NOT everybody's opinion
      well, nothing you say is ever kind about women - you generalize them as being mean, cruel and shallow. I'm only going by what you say, so if you don't want to be viewed as a woman hater, watch your words

What Girls Said 8

• no, at least it wouldn't work on me... The chance of a girl like you in a romantic way, after being just friends, it's really low. Look, you don't have to be friends, or explicit hit on them, just make it clear that you have an interest and than approach. (Sorry for grammar errors English is not my first language)

• Interest in them specifically?

• I will never get out of my comfort zone I feel comfortable and I'm sorry but sitting around doing nothing isn't going to get your girlfriend

• sorry, I'm not being mean, but being bitter it won't either :\ I'm just saying, do you really think a women will solve your problems and make you happy? I'm sorry, you need to try to be happy on your own before trying a relationship again... Being like that, how do you plan to make a woman happy so her will stick around?

• Well obviously i wouldn't let a guy comeup to me and say "hi i like you." When i dont even know them!! No just no! You have to take the time to get to know me and put up with me first! Not gonna let a guy ask me out if we have never spoke or had a proper conversation!

• How do we explain ourselves coming up to you and say hi. There has to be a reason

• Seriously... we are scared just as you are? Thats why you hardly see us asking a guy out! Girls overthink things and are delicate about stuff trust me when we overthink we won't be able to stop thinking about it! So no, guys should =p

• but they don't want me to talk to them

• it depends on if you are actually wanting friendship too and are cool with being just friends with some of them. Also don't complain about the friend zone if your plans don't go as you planned

• No. You'll waste too much time on girls who may not be interested. Go for what you're looking for.

• And get rejected?

• Well I see them hitting on hot guys

• I'm just going to get a mail order bride. I'm too old for this now

• Yes you should take it slow and really get to know her so that you know what saw loves and enjoys which will spark her romantic interest in you even more

• Well they are people... lol of course you should.

• Then she will just think of me as another woman friend while she's sagging other dudes

• Hard to get, for men AND women is a bit much. It often leads to the other person just feeling you do not like them enough, so to avoid being hurt, they move on.

• I don't know what to do because women don't like me to glance in their direction or say hello so what I so is stare at the ground

• Yeah for sure!

• The best relationships come out of friendship xx

• What about the dreaded friendzone

• Just say that to her then. Simply say I want more than a friendship. If she friendzones you she could have her own issues. If you are friend zoned, you are not committed to her, go out and find someone else who will love and appreciate you xx

• All my guy friends say hit on them, my female friends said be friends with them first

What Guys Said 7

• No, it is dishonest. Be open with them that you are interested in taking them out. If they shut you down, easy enough to move on because you haven't really fallen for them yet.

• If I ask them out how will they know it's a date and not just to hang out

• You can't ask a friend out on a date date

• You can, but there's no reason you should have gotten to that point. If you're attracted to a woman physically, ask her out on a date and get to know her. If you're not attracted, just be friends with her in which case, you're not going to ask her out down the line since you're not attracted.

• If you're looking for a girlfriend and romance then I wouldn't advise being friends with a girl that you have romantic feelings for. Why? What happens if you spend many months getting to know this person under false pretenses and she gets with another guy, not knowing how you feel about her? How would you feel? You then explain your feelings to her only for her to say "we're just friends".

If you like a girl and want to get to know her, take her on dates and eventually be with her, I wouldn't advise going down the friend route.

• Do not do this at all. If you like a girl, and want to date her, you ask her out. Being a 'friend' is the complete wrong move.

• Shouldn't I know a woman for a few days before I ask her out or can I ask someone I just met for 5 mins?

• Should I just say at first interaction I want to date you

• No. You ask them out on a date. You don't know if you want to date them at that point.

• Nah it's a stupid idea. Once a girl sees you as a good friend she usually isn't gonna want to ruin that by dating you, so they'll just turn you down most of the time which leads to a lot of disappointment and frustration.

At least if you ask them out on a date they either say no and let you move on til you find one that likes you then you get to know each other as potential partners.

• If the girl isn't showing me signs of attraction or flirting with me then I knock her off my list as a romantic interest and continue considering her as a friend. I don't really see how I could go from there being no attraction to being with her and i wouldn't entertain the idea

• Yes, be friends but don't get to close or asking them out is going to be awkward.

• For me yes, it's important WAYYY to many people rush things