Dating a smoker... I want him to quit! Guys and girls help?

If you were a smoker, and in a committed relationship, how would you feel if your significant other wanted you to stop smoking?
Eg I want my boyfriend to stop smoking.
How should I bring up the subject? How can I make him stop?
Have any of you out there been in this scenario? Either the smoker or the non smoker? How did you feel dating a smoker? How did you feel when asked to stop?

(just to let you all know he was smoking before our relationship started, I taught I could deal with it but I have been proved wrong. The is amazing in every aspect... except the smoking. He's not a heavy smoker)

Guys and girls please help me with this!
xxxx

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on if you can deal with it. If you can't, you have to determine which one you value more, him or you not being able to deal with it. He may not be able to quit even for you. Some people try to quit for themselves and can't.

What Guys Said 4

• You cannot make smokers quit. They have to decide to quit on their own. You can only choose not to date smokers.

• Lol under 18 and trying to make him quit.

Hun, stop being so naive.. You cannot change people, you can advice them, thats it.

Focus in yourself and your little problems.. Let the others live their lifes, he is an adult right?

• Too bad so sad. U can't change someone

What Girls Said 2

• Don't get with someone with the intention of changing them. My boyfriend smokes cigarettes from time to time, it isn't exactly my favorite thing in the world, but I deal with it because that's just him. If you don't like it leave

• It's hard to change some people. Do you want him to stop smoking for health reasons?

• For his health yes, I do not mean to sound disrespectful but I really cannot understand why people smoke! I mean all the dangerous health signs are out there, I really just dont get it!

• Some start because of peer pressure, which turns into a habit. Tell him you care about him.