Is it possible to have a successful relationship soon after a breakup?

I went on a great date last night, we really clicked and ended up hanging out for four hours. He said that he got out of something serious a couple months ago. I didn't ask for further details because it was only the first date. My last relationship ended bc my ex wasn't over a previous ex, so I'll feel like an idiot if I let myself get in the same situation again. Is this still worth pursuing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Be direct. Ask if he is over his ex. Let him answer. Then let him know depending on what he says that you don't want to start dating someone on the rebound because that happen to you before and it didn't work out.

• Thank you for the advice! I agree, that's probably what it's going to have to come down to.

• thanks for mh

• Yup! Thank you for taking the time to answer! I always appreciate genuine advice :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• How did you know your ex wasn't over his ex?

• He told me when we broke up. I later found out that they'd had lunch together behind my back right before he dumped me.

• Oh, one of those. Keep it simple and don't get your hopes up too quickly with the new guy.

• Hahaha yeah, one of those. Thanks for the advice! :)