Is age a major factor for you when dating?

What's your opinion on age gaps when dating? Also, what do you think would be the biggest hurdles to face with each age difference?

• 1-3 years difference is ok
  • 1-5 years difference is ok
  • 1-9 years difference is fine
  • Age is only a number, it really doesn't matter!
  • Same age is the only thing I'm comfortable with

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife is almost 6 years younger. I met her when she was 17, I was 23. It worked out for us, but honestly it was rough for a long time. We each had a different caliber of friends. My friends had a hard time relating to her, and vise versus. The age gap worsen the younger you are. Once she was about 22, and I was 27-28 was when everything started to smooth out. Career wise has always been a hurdle. I was just starting my career and she was still in HS. I kinda had to wait for her for a few years to be able to get those things couple get, such as a first house, nice vacation, buying a car together and so on. I found I was doing those "couple" things much later because she was so much younger. I was making money, and she was still in school for a few more years. Me and my friends where of legal drinking age and she and her friend were not, that caused a few clashes back in the day. Maturity levels aren't always the same either. Tastes in what we like to see and do conflicted often in the early years. Sex had some compatibility issues as well. I respected her age and waited till she was 18 before doing anything physical. But still, I had the sex drive of a 24 year old that was ready to start getting a bit kinkier with sex and exploring more, and she was still starting out and limited in what she was willing to do.

What Guys Said 6

• yes. i wouldn't want to date a minor. not that i'm scared of the law but i just feel miserable dating a minor. but i think ten years younger its ok but if i can find one a little more closer to my age then the better

• I rather be with someone within a couple years of my age. Even though age is just a number, I can't help feeling uncomfortable being with someone more than a few years older/younger than me.

• Age is only a number as long as she's younger than me

• She has to be over 23. Girls under that haven't grown enough for me.

• Young as law will allow.

• Yeah I like my women a little bit older

What Girls Said 6

• I don't care about age at all I think it truly is a number unless it's illegal ha personally I won't date guys that are more then a couple years older then me if that ha

• As long as the law will allow I am ok with it.

• I have a preference in age. I vote C. I like guys in their late 20s.

• I think any age gap is fine, but once you get past a certain age. For example, a 30 yr old and 40 yr old sounds fine, but a 10 yr old and 20 yr old? no way!
    Also, I think it depends on where you are in your life. 2 years is not a big difference, but if one is partying it up in college while the other is graduated and in the real world with responsibilities, it might put a strain on the relationship, just because the two are living different lives (I know some couples make this work, but it is something that doesn't work for everyone).

• age is a number but i tend to date older

• I think I would go to 6 years difference at the most. Preferably older.