Is my boyfriend missing his ex?

Today my boyfriend posted a picture of 2 bulls ( him and his ex were both Taurus) and he said "why do 2 bulls have to be so stubborn? #missing #littlethingsbecomesobig #isitworthit"

I know he is talking about his ex cause he always said they were both stubborn and I'm an Aries (ram) but I don't know how to take this? I'm upset because I think he's missing his ex?

What Guys Said 1

• Sure sounds like it. It's normal to miss exes. They're people who are a part of out lives. It's also normal to have times when all you can think about is the bad, and other times when all you think about is the good. He probably got caught up reminiscing about the good times. A friend of mine, who is married and in her mid-40s, once told me that she still has moments when she gets lost thinking about a guy she was serious with before she met her husband, and that was over 15 years ago.

That being said, it's kind of stupid and inconsiderate of him to post that stuff publicly, especially if he knows you'll see it. Obviously it's going to bring up feelings for you. You should talk to him about it, though. Be understanding, but make sure he knows how you feel too.

• I brought it up to him and he said that he just misses her as his friend. I understand that she was his best friend for 3 years and he says he doesn't miss the relationship just her as a friend which is fine I understand. But we kind of got into it because I told him that I feel like whoever you're in a relationship with should be your best friend and I can't do that if he's still missing her. I feel like I'm not doing everything I can if she still on his mind. I want him to be able to come to me as a friend as well and it truly hurt my feelings about it. Am I just over thinking this or how can I make him understand where I'm coming from?

• It's understandable for you to feel that way, but it's also a bit naive. The first time you fall in love with someone- really fall in love with someone- you think that you could never possibly feel that way about anyone else. And then, in many cases, you eventually break up. And for a while it feels like you've lost the only person you were ever truly connected to. And then you meet someone else, and you realize that's not true.

But it's not like you meet that new person and everything you felt for the previous person just disappears. It dulls and fades over time, but it's still there, and every once in a while it pops up with force in the form of nostalgia.

To think that you can just erase her from his memory is thinking way too highly of yourself. It doesn't work that way. And to get mad at him for what he feels is just cruel. I assure you he doesn't want to be feeling that way. If you want to be the one he turns to, then be there to remind him he's moved on to better things.

What Girls Said 0