Can a guy fall madly in love with a woman who's picture he sees on the internet?

A guy on a popular penpal website sent me a message saying he fell madly in love with me by just looking at my picture. Is this even possible?

Madly in love to propose marriage and a lifetime committment. I get the lonely part because he was a widower for the last three years and has a young child.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah sure. You must be very pretty to him. Nice smile, pretty face, nice figure. What can I say, guys can be very visual.

What Guys Said 3

• Define "madly in love." Certainly it's possible to see a picture and from it alone construct an elaborate fantasy wherein the two of you happily spend the rest of your life together, and to enjoy this fantasy so much that he wants to make it happen. I know I've done it, and I'm not weird enough to be the only one.

I personally consider that different than being madly in love with you, since the version of you he is fantasizing about exists largely in his head. If anything he might be madly in love with the person he imagines you to be, if that makes any sense. Still, these type of fantasies can be very powerful, and they can fuel a desire for a relationship with a given person for a long time as they evolve to incorporate information about the real you.

• Madly in love to propose marriage and living together for the rest of our lives. He is very intense and it scared me at the beginning. I gave him a very hard time about it. Always questioning his motives, asking for proof, calling him a scammer- showed him proof how how scam artists operate etc. I have always thought that love comes after a period of knowing the other person. So this has been a bit of a shock for me.

• Madly in love? and i thought i was too quick with expressing my feelings... maybe he's awstruck because he's extremely lonely and desperate... he could just using overexaggerated vocabulary... or he might be obsessed with you.

• It's called infatuation, not love.

What Girls Said 1

• i think his trying to say how beautiful you are that's all, but if his literally in love.. well then i don't know lol