Is it possible he feels obligated to talk to me? GUYS help?

so I've known this guy for a while and we talk sometimes but our conversations get really awkward really fast because he really never helps carry them on and then starts playing with his phone. our conversations mostly consist of me asking various questions and him answering and or asking the same question back, rarely ever asking me anything. when weekend topics come up he asks me who im going with whenever i mention im planning on doing something with friends or whatever, even though he only knows one of my friends. then he also avoids me like literally running away before i see him or before i approach him, and its so obvious, i ignore it though. then there are times where when we make eye contact he will smile and wave like i do to him, or come sit with me on the bus etc etc. these days are his 'better days' where he sort of opens up a bit more, but then its like the very next day he's back to square one. when he does open up our conversations still get awkward quickly because he never helps carry them on. he is not like this with other girls and guys I've seen their interactions and he seems more himself. also i know he's pretty outgoing and funny, and dirty so i dont know if he's really shy, is he just talking to me because he feels obligated to?

What Guys Said 1

• Everyone behaves differently around certain people. In most cases this sort of thing is because a person is worried about saying something that might be offensive or embarrassing. Perhaps the two of you aren't that close so he doesn't feel like he can talk to you as easily as he might with some others.

The point is on some level your opinion of him matters and that's why he's often quite shy around you. Why this matters I don't know, it's something you might need to figure out

What Girls Said 0