I have been on a few dating sites and they did not work for me why?

i was on pof, zoosk , match, and some others and no one is interested why? are these dating sites a scam?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not an expert and have never been on any of those sites, but I do realize that they're made for the entire world, and I doubt that there are sooo many people from your area that are interested in you. I don't see the point of a woman a million miles away being interested. It's too inconvenient.
    Maybe you did interest women, they were just too far away and didn't see the point of contacting you?

What Girls Said 7

• I was on pof, and it worked for me, i was actually only on the site for six weeks. I think it's how you go about things; I had steps that i'd go through to weed out people quick and i figured out this method after i'd been on the site for a couple weeks. You just need to find out your method (who you contact, how you contact, who you favorite, when you ask for their number or fb or whatever, if you ask to Skype them or facetime them, etc.). Eventually you'll find what works, but you need to realize that most people you message won't message back and that's just part of the process. I got hundreds of messages a day and if i replied to all i'd be wasting my own time and theirs, not to mention i'd have no life, so find what works for you and be consistent with it.

• There are so many guys on those sites that your chances are basically nil.

• why is it because there are to many guys? or they have better baddy then me?

• Waaaaay too many guys. Definitely not a reflection on you personally. I used to be on one of those sites a while ago and I gave up because I'd get like 30 messages a day. Most of them are saying the same thing. If I was offline for a couple of days I'd come back to way too much stuff in my inbox and who has time for that?

• Thank you xx

• These sites are not a scam its all about how you fill out your profile. You have to put a lot effort i them. Dont put your whole personal life in it but make yourself seem interesting. Be very positive and smile in your photos.

• ok thanks x

• Your very welcome good luck and if you need more advice ask me. I've met my man on line weve been dating five months. Dating online is scary but thats how people do it now a days.

• Most Girls On Dating Sites Are Flakes Or There Just Probably Not That Into You I Personally Like Pof Its A Pretty Decent Dating Site

• Really, there was not even one girl who was interested?

• Try datehookup. com, I met a nice honest guy from ocean city. it just failed to work cause of my visa. Also agematch. com where I met another guy from Europe and his 100 honest. just take time. it will come to you.

• Lol just because a girl doesn't like you doesn't make the site a scam. It's a dating site, it's just another platform for you to meet girls. That doesn't mean you're guaranteed to find someone

• ok but no one was really interested in me why do you think that was?

• I don't know. Maybe a lot of the profiles were inactive. I've has friends complain about that. You think there are a lot of girls but a lot of those people haven't been active in months

• that could be one reason but on there profile it say when they last online

What Guys Said 3

• People I know have had far better results using paid sites vs. free.

Your profile may suck.

It's partly a numbers game.

What are you trying to do on the sites?

• i wanted to me a few people and go on a date

• Note when I say 'your profile may suck', i should perhaps have phrased it as 'your profile isn't awesome'.

You really want your profile to be as good as possible.

• They're not a scam. They are just hugely biased against guys.

• Interesting. I hear girls get lots of messages. I looked at a few profiles recently, maybe 30 of them. I found like two of them kind of attractive so I though what the hell is going on. I doubt I would personally message many but I guess that's not the norm? I started to think maybe the people doing online dating aren't usually like cute girls? I'm not sure if there's much to that.

• i had no chance lol

• 1. You get what you pay for.

2. It's very often that the algorithms involved don't actually work.