Do I allow my boyfriend to go on vacations with his job without me?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 5 years and moved in together about a year ago. Although we've had our complications/violations of trust (cheating, lies) we've managed to work through them and become stronger than ever.
He recently left his bar tending job for a position in sales. This new job is a great opportunity (good hours, benefits, salary, uncapped commission, etc.). My only concern is that one of the incentives to makes sales is they offer vacations. These vacations are for the company if they meet their goal (to exotic places, bahamas, mexico, vegas, etc). Him and I never go on vacations together, and I'm starting to feel very jealous at the though of him going on these trips without me. I really would like to join him on these trips and I'm even willing to pay my way. But he is taking it as if I don't trust him, and in reality I just feel jealous that he'll be making memories with a bunch of people and not me. He is under the impression that all of his co-workers go on these trips without their significant others and he doesn't understand why I would want to go with him. It is really troubling me and I don't know what to do. I don't want to be with someone who wants to do all of these things without me, because at my current job I have plenty of opportunity for lengthy work trips that I manage to get out of because I know I can't bring him. He's my best friend and I hate going anywhere without him, especially when it comes to something like a vacation. I need advice NOW... his trip is in October and as of now, I know he plans to go. With or without me... but it seems that he does not want me to go. :(

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont understand why he would want to go by himself? Thats really confusing to me. Since you have already told him how he feels I would start doing things on my own maybe pick up a cool hobby or activity and dont tell him about it. Just start hanging out with friends or meeting new people more

What Guys Said 3

• first I personally found issue with your openning. "Do I allow" you're not his gate keeper and don't allow him or not allow him to do anything. The first thought I had was that maybe (if I'm wrong I apologize) you have a controlling issue or trust issues. Granted every relationship goes through its troubles but if we live in the past we never move forward to take advantage of the future. With that said... here's what I'd do. Make him think that you're planning a trip with the "girls" somewhere alone while he's out on his trip. Just explain that you'd rather not just sit at home alone while he's out traveling so you're gonna look into doing your own thing as well. Once he starts thinking about YOU being alone and somewhere his tune just may change about taking you. If it doesn't then you know where you stand with him and him wanting to be with you. I know personally I'd make sure my girl went with me on such a trip and she'd do the same thing.

• I would want to go too if I was in your shoes. Who doesn't wanna go on vacation, especially with their sognif

• Usually these trips include partners. If he's insistent he goes by himself, he's up to no good.

What Girls Said 0